My onyx babies find "their" anemone.

Guest LisaJill

Guest LisaJill

They *are* tiny. Somewhere between 1/2 inch and an inch?

Here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/namrah/2939437701/

that shows them acclimating upon arrival - you can see them compared to the tubing being used for the drip. I'm sure that everyone here is familiar with how thin that stuff is? =)

They're pigs, though, so I expect them to grow pretty well. ;)

Guest LisaJill

Yep, that's what he posted here:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=13484920#post13484920

Will be available from stores, though. I was psyched to get them from Rod both to be sure they were from Rod, and because they came from a known clean system. Now if I could get all my fish from reputable breeders that don't bring in wild-caught fish, I'd be psyched. =)

Guest LisaJill

They are doing beautifully. The one with no bars is bigger and may end up being the female. I haven't researched at how big/what age they decide genders, so we'll have to see.

The anemone is indeed huge, and while its foot has not moved, it now leans and takes up nearly the entire corner. I had to do some pretty quick coral re-arranging. At first I thought it was preparing to split, but if that's the case, it is taking absolutely forever.

And yes, these are tank-bred; I'm playing with the idea of going with all tank-bred fish. A pair of neon gobies and perhaps a banggai or two. I really, really want a mandarin though and think the tank can support it; and I know they've been bred and raised in captivity but I've not heard of those babies being sold.

• 2 months later...
Guest LisaJill

Since early October I've had them; they've grown quite a bit - so has the anemone, I wish the darn thing would split, it takes up a good half the tank at this point. Grrr. =) Really I love it, I just want a bigger tank!

The clowns have grown quite well; the female has had her second bar come in mostly on one side and not at all on the other, she may end up being a misbar, but I am hoping that both bars will come in fully. Either way they're a stunning pair and just so much fun to watch. And pigs - when I feed, their bellies get 3x as big as they are; I worry about bloat somewhat, but I don't feel I'm over-feeding either!