Among other things...

biomekanic

Work had been pretty crazy, and ramping up for more craziness.

So, it came as something of a surprise when the boss left a note on my computer that "We needed to talk".

I figured it was going to be another round of "You really should be working 14 hours a day, 7 days a week".

Instead I got a seperation package. The good news is, that I get about a years worth of pay, and my pension in a lump sum.

The bad news is, our health and dental runs out at the end of the month, and the "sore spot" near my molar turned out to be a piece of tooth that came off.

In completely different news, I went out to my porch to get water from my change water bucket, and found a squirrel face down in it...

At this point, 2008 is fired.

You think you have it bad, try being that squirrel. Sorry to hear that, maybe now you can get a chance to come over and check out my tank, and me yours. Enjoy the time off for a little bit, and find a new job in a month or so. That is what I did when I got laid off this summer. Now it is back in the grind, and I am pulling the 6-7 days a week biz again.