Pacific Coast Imports PS-2000 skimmer? Any good?

Jay

Heres my delema. I have not very much room in my sump and this one will just fit. Is it a good one? I see it advertised for 189 plus 22 shipping. Can anyone here say its good?

http://www.aquadirect.com/store/product.php?productid=21754&cat=879&page=1

Seems like someone here had one of these for sale here....scott perhaps? Anyway I have been needing a new skimmer for months and with the economony the way its been moneys been really tight as most of you know. But its time I do something because my reef is suffering and am having algae starting along with cyno. Its time. DOH!

I have the rps-1000 and love it if your tank is not super big I would go that way. From day one, it skimmed dark gunk out and has not been modded.They are about the same price , I think I paid around $200 shipped.

Jon

Excelent. Wegotjs....How big is your tank? Mine is 120 gallon with a 40 gallon sump but with the rock and sand and sump only half full I would say its about a 120 gallon system. Would the 1000 be big enough? I can get the 2000 shipped for 200.

Jay

The rps-1000 has to big a footprint. I just noticed the difference between the rps and the ps models. The rps takes up much bigger spot in the sump and is a recirculating skimmer....whick probably skimms better but I dont have the room. The ps-2000 will fit or the ps-1000 will fit. For a 120 gallon system which would you get? I am thinking the 2000

Excelent. Wegotjs....How big is your tank? Mine is 120 gallon with a 40 gallon sump but with the rock and sand and sump only half full I would say its about a 120 gallon system. Would the 1000 be big enough? I can get the 2000 shipped for 200.

Jay

How many, and what kind of fish do you have? How much/often do you feed?

There have been ALOT of good used skimmers selling on RC lately.

I saw a Euro-reef RS-80 for $125 earlier today(although I'd say the RS80 is a tad too small for a 120).

What are the specs on the PS2000? Mainly Body Diameter, Neck Diameter and Height.

I have to really be careful about the size because my sump is so small. Plus I really dont want to buy a skimmer from someone on RC. These are all under 200 so thats not that bad for a new skimmer. I only have 5 small fish and I have been feeding sparingly but my venturi skimmer just sucks. I meen it skimms but not nearly enough.

Jay

I got my PCI skimmer through Waves. Good thing I did as it came in with problems and Joel was able to fix them the same day. If I would have ordered online it would have taken me weeks to get the thing mailed back to PCI, then fixed, then returned. Too much hassle. Plus Waves had the skimmer for the same price as it was online.

JME