What I have at this time

Michael7979

OK so here is the new update.....

1- got my other ballast and got it hooked up.

2- finished my "canopy". If you can call it that. It holds the lights........ that's it.

3- moved some corals around, I like it better now.

4- charging batteries for camera

5- plan on taking pics tomorrow

6- got a new LMB to replace the one that past. And it eats flake food too.

Everyone looks good and seems to be happy and healthy. Hoping to post pictures sometime in the evening, if all goes right.

Your tank is looking great Mike! Looking forward to seeing it at the March 15th meeting at your place!

Looking good Mike, that ric mountain is sweet.

You might move that sunset monti once it fully encrusts that frag disc. The rock you glued it to has LOTS of surface area and it won't look like its growing at all, plus will be very tough to frag. Ahren had his superman monti growing on a similar type rock and regretted it. Just a thought.

Looking good Mike, that ric mountain is sweet.

You might move that sunset monti once it fully encrusts that frag disc. The rock you glued it to has LOTS of surface area and it won't look like its growing at all, plus will be very tough to frag. Ahren had his superman monti growing on a similar type rock and regretted it. Just a thought.

Yeah I thought about that with all of my encrusting monti.'s.

I'll have to do some thinking about that. At least I have some time to come up with something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I got around to adding my mh over the 40b which I'm using as a grow out/prop. tank. Moved all my frags into it and got everything off the sand in the DT.

(knocking on wood)

Everything looks good and seems happy!

Hope you all can make it to the meeting in march and see it for yourselves.

• 3 months later...

Well it has been better then 3 months since I did any kinda update on the tank.

All is good, (knocking on wood), just 2-3 small spots where a patch of cyano. comes and goes. Frustrating!! I wish I had better growth on most of my corals. Monti's are growing good, but acro's are slow. Once they lay down a decent base they seem to grow quicker. It just takes forever to lay that base down. I'm sure that running 20k Radiums is some of the reason for the growth rate.

Went a took some pictures of the tank this afternoon. Still need to figure out this Point and Shoot camera! Sometimes I just can't figure out why it will get a nice picture here and then the smallest of moves totally ruins the next picture. Anyways took a lot of pictures and these are the ones that are OK.

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg