What I have at this time

Michael7979

Looking rad! Keep up the work and don't forget to stop by when you get a chance.

Thanks! I will stop by soon, maybe this week.

Get that thing running for heavens sake. I don't think I could have gone anywhere but home to get that thing running.

Garrett

If it was personally important, I would have done that instaed.

Cham??? What do you have. I have a 2 3/4 year old veiled chameleon. He is a male named Squiggy. What a fasinating animal.

By the way, your set up is looking good!

Kris

Yeah we have a veiled Cham. too. He is only around 6-8 months old, named Vance. Hard to take a picture with the screen. Makes the picture all screwy.

OK finally got around to finish hooking up the Mag 9.5 I got for a return pump.

First off the 'wet test' is/was a success!!!!!!!!! :D(rock2):D(rock2):D

So I have a running system going!!!!!!! Next CYCLING!!!!!

But all I have to say about that Mag 9.5 pump is they are a BEAST!!!! I had to turn the ball valve down at least half and probably more. But there is good that has come from finding out the pump is so powerful! I can tee off the return line and run my chiller with it also, (or I think it should).

It took 2 extra cuts to get the drain at the right level so the water line in the tank is where it needed to be. But the drain works fine it just takes a little getting use to, to get it to start.

That's all for now..... I'll watch it to make sure there are no leaks and go from there.

Are you going to leave it bare bottom? What do you plan on keeping in your new tank? I would add all of your rock now and let it set until all your levels are spot on.

Rule of thumb: Better to wait before you go spending lots of money on cool things and a week later its dead.... This is especially true for clams and hard to keep fish. Just my thoughts....

Waiting is so darn hard...... (whistle)

Are you going to leave it bare bottom? What do you plan on keeping in your new tank? I would add all of your rock now and let it set until all your levels are spot on.

Rule of thumb: Better to wait before you go spending lots of money on cool things and a week later its dead.... This is especially true for clams and hard to keep fish. Just my thoughts....

Waiting is so darn hard...... (whistle)

No there will be sand on the bottom.

Yeah I know all about patience in this hobby! But I'm so close..............

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is in the garage, (aka 'the mancave (whistle)).

I took some scrap acylic that I bought from TAP Plastics scrap bin. Also bought an acrylic dowel from them, 5/8" diameter, I think. Think I spend around $7.00.

Then came home and drilled that same size hole into the scrap piece. Cut the dowel with a hack-saw to desired height. In my case about 2-3". And the cut dowel fits very snug into the drilled hole, if you drilled it straight. If not use some Weld-on to help secure them.

And thats it. Really very easy and I really like the idea of the added stability it gives the rocks.

Well I spent pretty much all day moving stuff into the 240. Minus lunch and a trip to Lowes to price a thing or two.

Used a 5 gallon bucket to move the corals and then used drip acclimation to acclimate.

All I got to say is "WOW! It takes along time to do this!"

Got all the corals in the 240 and most of the inverts. A conch and a few snails left. But I didn't get to move the fish yet.

So I hope to have them in tomorrow or the next day.

Thats the update for now. Pics later.