Today is the Day!

Michael7979

Since the CFM starts in a hour or so.........

I would like to ask all that buy/win/trade/or steal something to post it here so we can all figure out what was taken away from this event. Pictures would be a plus......

HAVE FUN ALL!!!!! AND MAYBE I'LL BUMP INTO YOU THERE!!!!!

Well a great time at the Market today(rock2) Probably the only time I enjoy shopping(laugh) Met some new faces and also saw many old ones:D Hell even won a bag of sand(clap) will go good with the new set up. Well on to the market it was great there were so many corals(drooler) that you could not decide on one or the other. I think I ended up walking away with about 10 frags of zoos,sps and some chalises. My son got a few zoos and a real nice octo coral (like a frogspawn) for his little nano. Will post some pics one everything is happy and opened up later tonight if the lights allow.

Also have to say the Jody and Kieth from TEC had the best selection on stuff(rock2) They also had the best deals and was great to have a sponsor of the board to spend money with. I think everything I bought came from there tank except one ORA that I got from someone else. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!!!

CFM

I have to say that this is the first 1 that I have gone to and boy was I disappointed! $15 just to get in about $30 in gas to get there and there is a better selection of coral at waves!!! or Upscales which are near my house!!! By the time you are paying for entry fee $15-$30, plus gas I should have just went over and visited Joel!!!! I was expecting more venders and more a little more selection. Maybe next year will be better.........(bored)

Had a great time!! Have to agree with spectra TEC definitely had best selection and best deals. The girlfriend had to buy raffel tickets for the purple shroom and won!! Told her it was going in the seahorse tank though(shrooms have been banished the reef tank for their prolific growth). She wasn't to happy(wife). Here are some pics since (worthless). I also took waves up on their 20% discount for nw-cfm attendee's and walked out of their with a yuma!(my appologies for the poor photo quality snapped these pics in a hurry)

Shroom that girlfriend won. $4 in raffels

IMG_0756.jpg

Here is a group shot of today's catch!

IMG_0716.jpg

If I remember right these are widow makers from TEC $20

IMG_0726.jpg

Nuclear greens 3 for $25(2 on back side)

IMG_0728.jpg

Bad pic of TEC watermelon echinophyllia $30

IMG_0733.jpg

Never got a name on these but they look like armaggedons from TEC $20

IMG_0735.jpg

Never got a name no clue what they are called from TEC $ 20

IMG_0738.jpg

Yuma from waves $5 hehe

IMG_0743.jpg

I think he called this echinophyllia paintbrush, but don't quote me. from TEC $30

IMG_0749.jpg

TEC threw these in for free(clap)

IMG_0753.jpg

Don't be surprised about the purple mushroom's growth. It is a VERY slow grower. It is also a very rare coral.

Wegotjs won that same mushroom last year, and sold it to me. I cut it up into 5 pieces, and still have two of them. They have not grown much since I cut them. I am waiting for them to grow out so I can cut them up and sell more of them. :)

I also walked out of the CFM with some great deals from TEC! Thanks Jodi and Keith for the frogspawn and the Acans!!!!!!

dsoz

I have to say that this is the first 1 that I have gone to and boy was I disappointed! $15 just to get in about $30 in gas to get there and there is a better selection of coral at waves!!! or Upscales which are near my house!!! By the time you are paying for entry fee $15-$30' date=' plus gas I should have just went over and visited Joel!!!! I was expecting more venders and more a little more selection. Maybe next year will be better.........(bored)[/quote']

Well have to say first not trying to be an A** but what did you smoke before you got there? There were so many frags there that I have never seen at the LFS and the prices well that is another thing. Most of them at TEC were cheaper than the LFS. Plus I even saw a LFS there buying things for there own tank at home(whistle) Next thing if you are local to Upscales and Waves then what the hell are you driving that cost 30 bucks in gas to get you there? Hell my rig does not even take that much in fuel (if you know me you know what I drive(laugh)) Anyway point of my post I think there were many corals there that were very well priced and also the selection was great(rock2) Granted there were a few people that I was disapointed in as they did not bring the high end corals I was expecting. Asked and my responce was well we did not bring one of those. I came there expecting to spend a certain amount and did not even come close to that and still walked away really happy with what I got. Sorry you feel the way you do but am still wondering why? Oh and as for the 15 dollar ticket well it got me a bag of sand for the new tank(cheer) I have yet to go to a car show,boat show, home and garden show and not pay a entry fee so the 15 dollars was not a big deal to me.

Steve Tyree said that he felt it was a success this year. We had a great time at the NW-CFM, not only talking to club & forum members, but also with some the people from Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club about upcoming events. :D The vendors and most people there seemed very happy about things. Dennis(dsoz)set up the Tanks For Teachers nano, and we talked to a few people about the TFT Program. The PNWMAS Booth was able to sell a few Club Store items. I know Constance and myself had a great time there. We didn't buy much in the way of frags due to some expenses that came up, but the raffle won a very nice L.E. Red Corallites (Cyphastrea ocellina), and a sack of Reef-Nutrition goodies... Tigger Pods, Roti Feast, Phyto Feast, Fuzzy Phytes live red macroalgae, & Arcti Pods. Right now we have some very happy fish & corals. The seahorses are loving it!

Steve Tyree said that he felt it was a success this year. We had a great time at the NW-CFM' date=' not only talking to club & forum members, but also with some the people from Mid-Columbia Saltwater Aquarium Club about upcoming events. :D The vendors and most people there seemed very happy about things. Dennis(dsoz)set up the Tanks For Teachers nano, and we talked to a few people about the TFT Program. The PNWMAS Booth was able to sell a few Club Store items. I know Constance and myself had a great time there. We didn't buy much in the way of frags due to some expenses that came up, but the raffle won a very nice L.E. Red Corallites (Cyphastrea ocellina), and a sack of Reef-Nutrition goodies... Tigger Pods, Roti Feast, Phyto Feast, Fuzzy Phytes live red macroalgae, & Arcti Pods. Right now we have some very happy fish & corals. The seahorses are loving it![/quote']

Glad to see another member had a great time(laugh) Nice to meet you John(rock2) But do have to say you guys need to invest in the XXlarge t shirts for us bigger members(whistle) I would have bought one but hell I look kind of funny in one of those shirts that shows everything(laugh)

Mrgreenthumb,

Whats that "Zoa" that you posted that is green, and only one polyp? It appears to be in the front between some reds and purples.

Doran that is a Nuclear Green are you looking for some or just wondering?

Tankit

I think that the biggest draw for me to this event was "farmers market". I came ready to spend money and support west coast coral farming. Anything I can get that is farmed is one less thing that gets ripped out of the ocean! It costs money and time to farm coral and last time I checked coral farmers weren't making millions. So i have no problem whatsoever paying fair price for a nice coral. The benefit is 3-fold one I get that special piece I have been oogoling over, 2 I help prevent wild harvest of corals that are already in propogation, and lastly I'm putting dinner on someones table not financing wild harvest of coral. It was about more than selection and vendors. I will say that every vendor was there that I expected. They were all listed weeks beforehand on thw nw-cfm website. As far as selection goes wow there was lots of stuff that I'm yet to see in any portland area lfs's, and I frequent most of them. I will agree our lfs do have a great selection and for that we are blessed, but just like upscales has stuff you can't get at waves and waves has stuff you can't get a upscales, etc. etc. certain vendors had certain things that other vendors didn't and that our lfs's didn't. Combine them all and your in reefer heaven. I guess IMHO I think we should support events like this and not bash them. Because you see if it is promoted it gets more popular, more people coming appeals to more vendors, vendors bring more corals, prices go down as sales quantity increase. By bashing and complaing you enter a negative thought into someones mind who may have been considering attending next year and won't now because of your comment, and by saying that you achieve the exact opposite of what you want. Sorry i'll step down from my soap box now. I guess I just don't quite understand what you were expecting.

Glad to see another member had a great time(laugh) Nice to meet you John(rock2) But do have to say you guys need to invest in the XXlarge t shirts for us bigger members(whistle) I would have bought one but hell I look kind of funny in one of those shirts that shows everything(laugh)

I agree! I wear a 2x myself, and so do a few others in the club. Here is the link to the PNWMAS Store at Cafe Press. http://www.cafepress.com/pnwmas

We will be sure to order a few next time.:D

First off no pictures until everyone settles in......

OK now for the breakdown of the loot!!!

1. Won 2 raffle items - the Bali tricolor and the Rouge Millipora

2. Got a nice Acan from Jody and Keith, (Totally Exotic Corals) On a side note I have to say that they did have the biggest selection and the best prices!

SO A BIG THANK YOU TO JODY AND KEITH!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DEAL YOU GAVE ME.... I will be calling you when I make down south later this month.

3. Chris brought a huge amount of ricordea and I bought 5. A light green, a florecent green, a light pink, a pink w/ purple, and a very pale pink. All for $90

4. AWExotics did a price slashing event torwards the end and I found what he called an "unidentified" chalice. Couldn't refuse for $10 so I took it home.

5. Then to make it even worse I needed crickets for the chameleon so I stopped by Upscales. Ended up walking out of there with 6 frags out of the $10 bin. All which had been there for a while and have great size and encrusted growth.

6. Also me and my wife won the 'door prize' twice and I gave one to John and Constance.

So overall I'm very happy with the way the event and my day turned out!!!! I too hope to continue to make the CFM a yearly event as long as they keep coming back.

Here they are!

Cyphastrea Japonica from AWExotics

August08001.jpg

Small neon toadstool from AWExotics

August08006-1.jpg

Frogspawn from Totally Exotic Corals

August08002.jpg

One of the two Aussie Acans from TEC

August08004.jpg

Second Aussie Acan from TEC

August08005-1.jpg

Superman mushroom TEC gave for the TFT tank! Thanks Jodi!

August08003.jpg

Another neon green toadstool, this one from TEC

August08007.jpg

Green Acropora from TEC

August08010.jpg

Birdsnest from TEC (they gave it to me because it broke off the plug, and they didn't want to take it home)

August08011.jpg

The next three I didn't get at CFM, but I got them this last week so I am going to post pics here

pink hammer from Upscales $10 frag sale

August08008.jpg

purple and green galaxea from the Upscales $10 frag sale

August08012.jpg

Frogspawn from WAVES!

August08009.jpg

Well here are few shots of what I picked up. Also a few shots of my sons nano tank with his new goodies. Can not zoom in on the nano it just was not workingDOH! And also the bright green acro is going in the nano just need some time to glue it down am to lazy tonight(whistle) That is why most of them are on a quick frag rack in my tank(laugh)

post-523-141867739737_thumb.jpg

post-523-14186773974_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739743_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739746_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739749_thumb.jpg

Very nice Scott. I almost got that green acro, but was afraid of it turning brown in my tank. So I went with two Aussie Acans instead. :) I am happy with my purchases.

dsoz

Well as it turns out the green acro was a freebie as they were giving the buy one get one free deal towards the end(rock2) Like I said before TEC was the hit of the party and am glad I bought almost all my corals from them. I tried to wheel and deal with a few others at the end but they did not want to soooo ended up going back to Jody and Kieths booth for more(laugh)