eugene frag party!??????

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with as many people as we have i think 20-30 bucks each should score us a pretty nice piece.

I only specifically asked Jody about an acan or SPS since those were the ones mentioned before. He is going to work on getting a pic of both an SPS and acan for me sometime next week.

Curtis: thats sounds great. I could also bring over some ingredients for DIY rock and make a piece for everyone to see the process.

yeah that would be a concern of mine too. maybe we should plan the reef food project in the winter. price will be dependant on what coral we can find and how many people come. the reef food will probably cost us each like $5-$10 for a gallon flat pack, dont quote me on that, may be cheaper or more, just an estimate. but we could just shoot for another eugene meeting soon and do that then.

Hey everyone...first post here. I've just started stocking a 29gal...got 4 varieties of shrooms, zoas and a frogspawn atm (running 150W 20k MH and 2x 24" VHO actinics). A sweet acan frag would be an awesome addition. I've got a red shroom that is 3" across and would like to see someone split it just for the experience.

Plus I really want to learn how to frag my zoas and hopefully do some trading. I only have 3 varieties atm (eagle eyes and 2 other unidentifieds: green skirt w/ yellow and green center (I call them Sprite); and Orange skirt w/ blue/orange center and white speckles(Lucy's Gooses)). Eagle eyes and Sprite are set for a few small frags, but Lucy's Gooses went skipping across a concrete floor when they got frag'd at the LFS so they are still recovering atm...maybe in a few weeks they'll be ready. I'm hoping to get 10 or 15 cool varieties for a nice zoa garden in the 29g and eventually do a desktop pico zoa tank.

Anyway, I know it would be a bit of a drive for me, but hands on experience from some pros would be way too valuable to pass up. I'd be down for contributing financially and my preference would be acan>zoa, but either would be cool with me. Reef food and anything else would be cool to see, but I dont really have the livestock atm to need it, but tossing another 5-10 bucks into the pot prolly wouldn't hurt the checking account too much.

And since I plan on being active on the forums I'll just admit it now: My grammar sucks. I'll try not to drown you in my stream-of-consciousness writing:p

Lets keep it simple. Frags only. Perhaps we could do food recipes later this fall. We could try out a few recipes. Reef cooking class!

I think 20- 30 is good. If folks want more polyps they could bring 30.

Miles: Would you like us to pay you on the thirteenth or would it help if we paypal it to you before you get the colony from Jody.

Suzanne, considering acans are typically 30+ for a single polyp, 30 bucks per person for the chance to take home a larger frag is an absolute steal. Perhaps we'll leave the food for another meeting.

Joel - I might not be the best person to facilitate the money since i'll be gone until Sept 9th.

Hey everyone...first post here. I've just started stocking a 29gal...got 4 varieties of shrooms, zoas and a frogspawn atm (running 150W 20k MH and 2x 24" VHO actinics). A sweet acan frag would be an awesome addition. I've got a red shroom that is 3" across and would like to see someone split it just for the experience.

Plus I really want to learn how to frag my zoas and hopefully do some trading. I only have 3 varieties atm (eagle eyes and 2 other unidentifieds: green skirt w/ yellow and green center (I call them Sprite); and Orange skirt w/ blue/orange center and white speckles(Lucy's Gooses)). Eagle eyes and Sprite are set for a few small frags, but Lucy's Gooses went skipping across a concrete floor when they got frag'd at the LFS so they are still recovering atm...maybe in a few weeks they'll be ready. I'm hoping to get 10 or 15 cool varieties for a nice zoa garden in the 29g and eventually do a desktop pico zoa tank.

Anyway, I know it would be a bit of a drive for me, but hands on experience from some pros would be way too valuable to pass up. I'd be down for contributing financially and my preference would be acan>zoa, but either would be cool with me. Reef food and anything else would be cool to see, but I dont really have the livestock atm to need it, but tossing another 5-10 bucks into the pot prolly wouldn't hurt the checking account too much.

And since I plan on being active on the forums I'll just admit it now: My grammar sucks. I'll try not to drown you in my stream-of-consciousness writing:p

Welcome to the site!! You are more than welcome to join in. We'll show you a few techniques to get the frags you want off those colonies.

Sounds like you have a great plan for that 29. My second tank was a 29 until the upgrade bug hit me. I still have that tank, it was great.

#3, #7, and #8 are my favorites. i guess we are going with an acan.... :)

i think that is what the majority of us voted for. now we need to discuss pricing of these, colony size, and what people want. i also have a couple corals that we can frag up for demonstrations, and if people want to purchase afterward that would be fine.

I really like the plum with white centers. It is unique. I am not picky though. All are beautiful and would go the way of the crowd who has a strong preference.

I think the plum may be overexposed and not showing true color. If you look off to the lower right;the center does not show up as white. Possible flash reflection?

It may be best for each of us to list our two or three favorites and reach consensus?

What ya thinking?

It might be advantageous for us to consider size, also in our choice.