eugene frag party!??????

Whats the head count, what are you fragging? I would suggest you all pool together $20-35 each and we bring a couple colonies everyone can take some home. I can work something out with a LFS or even better have Jody sell us a few colonies for fragging. Your guys call, I think you will spark more interest when people get to participate AND take home frags. I would be willing to provide a commercial location if your garage is not big enough as we get closer.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times:

I prefer Wed or TH really, weekends are kind of full for me, later afternoons or early evenings

Weekend: early afternoons

9/11 I'm going to try and get to the Celiac Picnic, being able to eat at a BBQ and not worry about the food? Heaven!

Really picky about what's going in my tank, I'm happy to learn more about fragging but not planning on taking something home, unless it's a Candy Cane, clove polyp, or a Duncan. :)

the 11th and 12th is a thursday and friday not a saturday and sunday. any weekday for me after 5 is good. any weekend anytime is good just need a little heads up. if its far enough out like september everyone should be able to request that part of whatever day of and come up with some money. i really like the frag colony bring something home idea but i wouldnt want to py more than 20 bucks. also it depends because some people attending have so many corals that everything we may be fragging they could already have then what. good ideas i like the way this is headed. if TEC would sell us colonys for the event that would be awsome i have heard nothing but wonderfull things about them especially after the cfm.

Downhill....

Thanks so much for organizing this! We, as officers, are trying to make this an annual thing! South in the fall and North in the spring.

We have come up with a couple of names and want you to pick (or if you have other ideas)

Fragopalozza

Fragfest

Once again, I want to ensure that we get this event taped and saved on DVD. It will be a welcome edition to the library. I am thinking also of creating a name on Youtube and submitting videos there!

Keep us informed.

Kris

Fall Fragfest, LOL, will be going on in eugene, and I will make sure to videotape it and send it to you. I think Fragfest sounds great. I also want to add that it is a GREAT idea that we all put in $20-$25 and get a colony of something REALLY special, and then we can all take home a frag of it. We could potentially get a colony of something that once fragged could be worth $40-$50 and get it for $20. I think we should consider getting a couple different types. A nice SPS, and a zoa for the low light folks.

PLEASE POST A YES OR NO on weather or not you will be attending, and weather you will be able to swing the frag/colony purchase, and what you would be interested in.

im definately gonna be there. i would prefer to chip in for an sps or acan. only concerns are,it may be hard to get a large acan colony for a reasonable price,not everyones lights can support healthy sps growth.zoas would probably be the most bang for the buck. once we find out exactly how many are going to come we can then get a better idea. like you said ma bey an sps and a zoa colony.

Downhill....

Fall Fragfest it is! As for the group purchase...where would you find such a piece? Do you have some leads on that? How many people are going? Perhaps 10-15$ would be more affordable and with a group of 10 or more...that is a serious colony! Anyway...I like the ideas. You are officially the first site of the Fall Fragfest!

Rock on...

Kris

Funny. I am glad. It should be fun. I think before we set a price for frags, we will have to see how many people are coming, and what kind of corals they can support, and what they are interested in. So lets hear from you guys. I would imagine that impur, nyles, algae, siskiou, coralreefaquarist, biomechanic, tidalsculpin, will be there along with others. common guys, lets make this happen!!!