nudibranch id!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks similar to a zoa eating nudi. A bad guy, but not terrible. I had a few but siphoned them out on sight. Haven't seen any for months. I think dsoz had a more serious infestation and treated them with potassium permanganate maybe?

Here's what mine looked like:

nudibranchs.jpg

Yep. Check both zoas and montipora. Whichever you find eggs on is the one that they are eating. If I remember right, the zoa eating ones were a little larger.

Talk with Miles (Impur). I gave him a bunch of the potassium permanganate treatment. You just need to find a balance that is sensitive enough to measure out 0.05 grams (most high school or college science teachers should have one). Then dissolve that into 1 liter of tank water (use the bottle from a 1 Liter pop or water). Dip for 30 or more minutes. Repeat every week or two for a month. You should be good to go.

Good luck with the buggers. PM me if you want more encouragement.

dsoz

If they are the Zoa ones you can always pull the zoas out (if possible) and give them a fresh water dip with some RO. I had them along time ago and they are not that bad to get rid off. They did not seem as destructive as the monti eating ones. They aree also alot bigger and easier to find in the tank. Good luck with them.

That definately looks like the zoa eating montis that I have seen. They come in all colors and blend in perfectly with the color of whatever zoa they eat the most of. Monti eating nudis are usually white in color, far smaller and far more destructive in my experience. I actually thought about setting up a little zoa eating nudibranch tank once. I think they look awesome and are large enough to enjoy. The only problem is, I would have to part with my zoas and if I wanted to keep really bright zoa eating nudis, I would have to part with my really bright zoas. (laugh)

That idea went down the drain real fast.

Garrett

Check in between your zoas for eggs, and look on the underside of all the montipora for eggs. If you don't know what to look for, do a google search for nudibranch eggs, and I am sure that you will come up with a few images.

If you had one of the little buggers, you are sure to have more. The zoa ones absorb the color of the zoas that they eat, so they are really difficult to see. Maybe do a freshwater dip on your zoas and see if any more come out.

dsoz