Draft Night Tomorrow!!

R-3

What are the Blazers gonna do?? Stay put, trade up, trade down, or trade for future??

Ive read about all the different scenarios.

I think the Blazers should stay put and pickup the BPA at both 13 and 27. There is a chance Westbrook, Gordon, Or Augustine could maybe be there. I doubt they will make it that fas but if ANY are there that is where they will go.

There a couple trades with the Suns and the Grizzles that look enticing too.

The only thing that would change this is if Chicago traded the 1st pick and we got Rose thats the only way I see trading up into the Top12.

People forget what a great nucleus of players there is in Rip City right now. Dont mess that up. Remember also ODEN is coming next year and also the BEST european player since Dirk in Rudy Fernandez. Im out. Later Ryan

GO BLAZERS!!!!!!

its all official now, pending league approval of course.

incoming: Bayless, Ike Diogu, Nicolas Batum, a future Clippers 2nd round pick, three future Bulls 2nd round picks.

outgoing: Brandon Rush, Jarret Jack, Josh McRoberts, Joey Dorsey, Omer Asik, Mike Taylor

individual trades:

Bayless and Ike Diogu for Brandon Rush, Jarret Jack, Josh McRoberts

3 future 2nd round picks from the Bulls for Omer Asik

a future 2nd round pick from the Clippers for Mike Taylor

Batum to Portland - Arthur to Memphis from Portland with a future 2nd from Houston, Dorsey to Houston from Portland with Donte Greene from Memphis, and 3 million in cash to New Orleans.

Man thats a crazy draft!!

I love the Bayless and Diogu pickup that was definitely a steal. I would have liked to keep Arthur around though to backup Aldrige.

When I saw Batum picked up though I knew something was gonna go down to get him. Pritch loves that guy, lot of upside. I hope he stays in France for a year or two to polish his game.

The thing I really liked about this draft is that they got 4 future 2nd rounders. The last thing the Blazers needed to do was to keep every pick and have guys sitting around. They got a couple impact guys that will come in now and play and a developemental forward.

The only gripe is a big guy to backup Aldrige and Oden. Maybe thats why we kept Frye though?? He proved to be a asset at the end of the season. GO BLAZERS!!!

Man the Blazer are wheelers and dealers last couple drafts. I love it. They got some great deals done, those draft picks will keep the team strong for several years now. The pieces are coming together, great to see. I think Batum was a great pickup too.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for the season to start! Jerryd Bayless is going to be great in Portland. I'm really excited we have him, I didn't see that coming at all. I just checked out his NBA draft video diaries on youtube, and he's exactly the type of personality we need. I think he'll mesh well.

What do you think we'll do for our starting line-up?

Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, and who else? Do you think Blake will be the starting point guard? Maybe throw Rudy in there as 2 guard, B-Roy point? I'm confused. This is a good problem. We now have talent for days!