Tank bubbles

pthoma79

About 4 days ago, I added some chemiclean red slime remover to my tank. I forgot to turn of my skimmer when I added it (not sure if that is contributing to my problem or not). Anyways, I have been getting a large amount of bubbles coming from my skimmer ever since. I have tried shutting my skimmer off a few times (for 24 to 48 hours each time), and have done 2 10% water changes. I'm still getting a lot of bubbles from the skimmer. 2 questions:

1. How do I get rid of the bubbles?

2. Are they going to damage the inhabitants (1 perc, 1 gramma, 5 corals, snails, crabs, etc) in my tank?

Thanks

This is what I would do.

Have a lot of new water prepared. Run the skimmer and let it wet skim. Oh yeah, forgot to mention you need a drain on your cup. If you don't, just keep emptying the cup. Replace missing water. Eventually it'll go away.

Did you do a large WC after 24 hours, as the instructions say?

Add some carbon, this will help. Do a large WC, around 30-40%. Run the skimmer and drain the cup as needed. Keep the water level at the lowest in the skimmer. Keep an eye on your SG.

Have ran the Chemi Clean and yes you need to do a bigger WC than 10 percent. As Impur stated pull at least 30 percent out and change it. I only am running maybe 40 gallons max in my system and will pull out 15 gallons at least when using that stuff. And even then it took the skimmer a few days to calm down. Good luck.

This stuff changes the surface area of the water. I'm not the chemist, so I won't go into detail, but I left my skimmer off for 48 hours, did a big WC, then when I started the skimmer back up, I removed the adjustment tube all together. After I noticed the bubbles going down in the chamber, I added the adjustment tube back on, but at its lowest point. I then kept adjusting as necessary until back to normal.

I myself loved the clarity of the water afterwards, but I didn't really notice a big change with the algae. The biggest help (with the algae) was directing flow on the area and keeping my 10ks of for 7-10 days in a row. I left the actinics on but with out the "hot" lights, I noticed a dramatic drop. I also measured my tank for phosphates (0) but my nitrates are high-I am now working on this as I know some algae thrive with higher levels of nitrates. I now only run them (10k's) 4 hours per day, but keep in mind I only keep softies, polyps and LPS.

Kris