Leaving On Vacation With Light Cycle Question

Kevinmc

Timers are good things. It keeps everything on schedule. I have my timers set to come on while I am at work, that way I have the lights on while I am home and still awake. Otherwise it would be turn on lights before I leave for work, then turn them off when I get home. Not very exciting.

dsoz

Thanks guy's

Got it set now, timers installed, I was using a reminder on my cell phone........but hey, it's all good now. Thanks Ray, have no fear it is sweet now.

Off to Newport for a week, going to blow some glass in Lincoln City for my new bare bottom tank to be set-up in August; see you in Portland on Sunday for Bob Fenner.

Thank A million

Kevin

Fun...

I think one of the first things I did was semi-automate my tank. I have two seperate timers. One runs just my lights, and the other runs my power heads, closed loop system and my sump light (still need to move that over to opposite my day lights). I also have an auto top off system (wow does that make a difference).

When I leave town for 2 or 3 days, I use this opportunity as a "lights out" and "fish fasting". I come home to a cleaner tank with sparkling water! 7 or more days I guess would be tough...to bad they didn't make a timer for a timer...

Good luck.

Kris

7 or more days I guess would be tough...to bad they didn't make a timer for a timer...

They call it a controller ;)

Becareful with having certain powerheads with certain fish on timers. A wavemaker with a few second switch is one thing, but some powerheads on timers are just asking for chopped fish.

How did the glass blowing turn out? I have thought about doing it, but I was shocked by the pricetag. But the EXPERIENCE!!!! You get to say "I made that float that is on the bottom of my tank" (I thought that glass floats... floated????) I have done stained glass, but I want to try glass blowing.

Post some pics for us to see your product!!!

dsoz