Some pics from my 75g

impur

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That is impressive Miles. Have you ever counted up how many different corals you are keeping in there? It must be quite the task to keep them all happy - and they do look happy! I notice you have quite the acan collection going now as well.

Congrats on an an amazing collection!

Thanks a bunch everyone. Yah its a task, but once you get your routine down it goes pretty quickly. Remember this doesn't include my ~20-25 SPS frags and colonies :eek: Thats why you see some bare white epoxy in places, it used to hold SPS. I haven't ever counted the different types I have, would be interesting for sure!

And concerning those SPS and my AEFW problem, i did my 2nd dip yesterday . I used TLF Revive coral cleaner this time instead of TMPCC. Man this stuff smells just like pine sol. Last weekend i used TMPCC for the 1st dip. Most of the corals browned out badly, probably due to my dosage. I used 4X the recommended amount. A. valida took it the worst, all the flesh looks to be gone, but still have polyps so there is hope.

I dosed Revive at 2.5 cap fulls for 1 gal. Directions call for 4 per gallon but my corals are stressed as it is. 2.5 minute dip and all look fine no stress at all. Suprisingly i found dead pods, baby brittle stars, and a couple flatworms. TMPCC did not kills these things at 4X strength but Revive does at just over half recommended dose? Weird. Stuff works well though.

And concerning those SPS and my AEFW problem, i did my 2nd dip yesterday . I used TLF Revive coral cleaner this time instead of TMPCC. Man this stuff smells just like pine sol. Last weekend i used TMPCC for the 1st dip. Most of the corals browned out badly, probably due to my dosage. I used 4X the recommended amount. A. valida took it the worst, all the flesh looks to be gone, but still have polyps so there is hope.

I dosed Revive at 2.5 cap fulls for 1 gal. Directions call for 4 per gallon but my corals are stressed as it is. 2.5 minute dip and all look fine no stress at all. Suprisingly i found dead pods, baby brittle stars, and a couple flatworms. TMPCC did not kills these things at 4X strength but Revive does at just over half recommended dose? Weird. Stuff works well though.

Hope they all pull through for you Miles. It's good to have some first hand feedback on how these various products work although I don't envy you being the one who has to test them! I'm still wondering where the 25 SPS would even fit in the tank :D

Cube is on hold. I'm either going with a larger one or going to try and cut out the internal overflow. It just takes up too my real estate. And thats the reason i want the cube! I am still working on the stand and acquiring equip though.