SS Squirt by Ocean Motion

mltnguyen

I am getting new ideas for my next tank based on what I like and dislike about my first setup. One of my complaints is the fluent motions that power heads provide and the eye sore they create. I have been looking at devices that will give more of a natural wave motion. Please note that I am trying to reach my goals on a very very limited budget so fancy pricy gizmos are out of the picture at this point.

Anyhow my question is has anyone used the SS Squirt by Ocean Motion and if so what are your thoughts of the product?

Or better yet what are you all doing to create more of a natural motion without the eye sores of the power heads?

Thanks in advance for any advice / feedback and or knowledge you might be able to provide.

Any users of this product?

Is it safe to assume that since no one is posting any response that no one has been using this product. If not can anyone provide the name of the products you are using to generate more of a natural wave motion in their tanks?

Thanks in advance

Mike

AFAIK, there's not a lot out there that is both effective and cheap. I've found the SCWD to be ineffective and inexpensive, and controllable Tunzes to be effective and expensive. You could go with an Oceans Motion closed loop, which is effective and kind'a-expensive, or a couple of Sea-swirls which are kind'a-effective and kind'a-expensive.

No easy answers I'm afraid...

I have the SS. I had plumbed it into my 75gal using a panworld pump for circ, but the intake for the pump needed to be larger than 1" and the tank was full so that didn't work out. For now, its just sitting in the garage and the motor is frozen for some reason. I've only used it once for about 5 min. I have to take it apart and see what the problem is. But its built very solid and worked great when i tested it.

• 3 months later...

I have set up 4 systems with oceans motions 4 ways. Including my own 100 gallon. They work well but are a nightmare to plumb. It's not a perfect science designing a CL. My rock work created some dead spots. I also have dual sea swirls ( which I like better). I also have one Vortech pump which definately helps to elimenate the dead spots. In conclusion, the sea swirls are the best option I have tried but you may still require supplemental flow of some type.