Sump return pump

aqua-ed

I'm in need of a new return pump for my 10g sump to 25g tank. My current one is getting kind of iffy right now. The center bar is only being held in by the side of the tank.

If anyone has one they want to let go fairly cheap (I'm on a freshly graduated-loans are due soon budget) I'm your man.

Thanks!

-Lee

It usually depends on what size you drain hole is. I think 1" is like 600GPH but I have seen 1000 on a 1" hole. I would think 400GPH would be good for your tank. I will look for it tomorrow to see if I have something in that range. Later Ryan

Okay I thought I had more but I forgot I sold almost all of them. I do have a Genx 2400 (635gph) which would work perfect I think. By the time you add a couple feet head pressure into the equation it would probably be about 400-500 which would work. Let me know. Later Ryan

I think that around 400gph is a good number to try and achieve so that you have some nice flow. This will minimize the need for extra pumps in the tank and maximize the water turnover amount. Just as long as flow in the tank itself is nice, it really doesn't matter how much over 100gph is being turned over from your sump in a tank of your size. I would try and keep it between 200-400gph though.

Try getting a genx 2400, Mag 5, or a rio or catelina in the 400-600gph range. I prefer the mag 5 or genx pump from my experience if you want to have a good quality pump for the money.