WTB Aptasia Eater

I tried a couple of file fish over the year, they always ends up nipping coral especially acans and this weird chalice i got for some reason, last time, the filefish I killed like 90% of my weird chalice...

How I finally got rid of aptasia was mixing kalk with tank water into a thick past and "feed" it to the aptasia, squirt a little bit on their tentacle and they pull it in, in like 30 minutes they melt.

On 5/27/2023 at 11:37 AM, SE PDX Reefer said:

Looking for any Aptasia-eaters that need a new home (file fish, copper bands, or otherwise). Thank you in advance! 

I’m going to have 10+ Berghia  nudibranchs big enough to sell here in the next week. 

The Berghies are the only totally coral safe method to use for demolishing the aiptasia. Shoot me a DM if you’re interested. 

22 hours ago, DaveZ said:

I’m going to have 10+ Berghia  nudibranchs big enough to sell here in the next week. 

The Berghies are the only totally coral safe method to use for demolishing the aiptasia. Shoot me a DM if you’re interested. 

Unfortunately my wrasse population would eat those up fast. Thank you for letting me know however!

1 hour ago, SE PDX Reefer said:

Unfortunately my wrasse population would eat those up fast. Thank you for letting me know however!

Ya the wrasses are a mixed bag with the berghies. Because the Berghies live deep within the rocks during daylight (compared to Monti nudibranchs whom live on coral and are easily accessible to wrasses) I’ve had plenty of people with wrasses get them from me and say it worked perfectly.

I have to pick out the Berghies at around midnight even from my farm where there are zero predators because they cannot be found even during natural light . 

I just tell everyone to introduce them to the tank hours after lights are out and all the wrasses are asleep. The ones that don’t have success are the ones who don’t follow that advice. 

Edited by DaveZ