SP2000 Bubble Magus Pump - Won't Prime

shaywood

Hello all, time for some professional assistance :)   I have a Bubble Magus Curve 7 Skimmer with a 4-year-old SP2000 pump.  I realized today that the intake was clogged with cheato for a few days. I removed the skimmer/pump and gave them a good citric acid wash.  When assembling the pump I used some Vaseline to lubricate the rotor and ceramic shaft. When I put the pump/skimmer back in the sump and turned it on it wouldn't prime and start pushing water. I removed and tried it in the kitchen sink with similar results.  Eventually, I got to work and its pushing water great and silent. When I reinstalled in the sump, it did the same thing again.  I had to turn the pump on its side and raise and lower it to get it going - then assemble the skimmer in the sump.  Thinking it might be the rotor, I also tried a new rotor, but same problem.

What do you think? Maybe the inside of the pump housing isn't round anymore? It looks round.

I use Molykote 111 to lubricate O-Rings, and just a dab at the base of my MP40/MP60 wet sides after cleaning.   Nothing too heavy.

It's available on BRS, but looks $10 cheaper (right now) on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/1310476-Molykote-Valve-Lubricant-Sealant/dp/B00IKUIO82/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=molykote%2B111&qid=1677460094&sprefix=molykote%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1&th=1

image.png