March 2023 PNWMAS Meeting - 12th

obrien.david.j

Time: Sunday the March 12th, from 12:00 - 2:00pm

Host: @obrien.david.j's house

Location: 2885 NW Bauer Woods Dr, Portland, 97229  (Cedar Mill area, north of Beaverton)
We are planning a second equipment swap.. bring your unneeded equipment to sell or give away.  Feel free to list what you're bringing in this thread. 

Please let us know if you are coming so we can plan the right amount of food!    Club will providing food and drinks, but if you like something specific, feel free bring something to drink - and even share.

This is save the date type of announcement, we are not done with the exact activities.  ... More updates to come. 

LAST MINUTE CORAL RAFFLE has been added.

• Like 4

Teaser for the Gear Swap(or sale).  I'm setting out:

• three Neptune SKY LED lights, used a total of 3 days.  Bought at MACNA off the floor, and decided to go another route.  
  • big purple arch rock.   I really like what this structure looks like in a tank, but I've never setup a tank going that route.  So It's on the table.
  • Reef Octopus 200-INT skimmer.  FANTASTIC skimmer.    Ran my 120 gallon heavily loaded system, and then I supersized my setup.  
    • Pump is a Varios4, runs great
  • Old trusty K2R calcium Reactor.   Used for Years and does the job.   Not fancy, and not expensive to the next person who wants to try their hand with reactors.  
    • Recirculation done by an Eheim pump, which means it'll run forever.
  • and of course, my GEO CR818 calcium reactor (bump to  @caolewis )

Anyone else bringing Gear to swap or sell tomorrow?

image.jpeg

We had a chill time today.   Good to see this crowd again, thanks for coming!

Big thanks to @Lexinverts for funding the last minute coral raffle.   I believe Robert was the big winner, getting one of each of the two corals.  Congratulations to our winners!

I know I didn't get a photo of everyone.   If anyone has other shots, post'em up.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, reefrun said:

Big thanks to @obrien.david.j for sharing all your reefing wizardry with us!

I almost didn’t come after getting some heartbreaking family news right before leaving my house, but I’m glad I did. I really appreciate our reefer community ❤️

Glad you came.  Come back, bring your husband, we'll talk gear/plumbing/control systems. :)

10 hours ago, Brittany said:

I want to host when its 90 degress in Portland and 70 degrees in Tillamook...... July ish?........

Sounds like July or August on the coast.   Thanks for offering, I'll take it to the board.   Do have dates to consider?   you're welcome to PM me if you want to go back and forth on this.

Any other club members want to consider hosting a club meeting at their house, show off your tank and setup?   

13 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Sounds like July or August on the coast.   Thanks for offering, I'll take it to the board.   Do have dates to consider?   you're welcome to PM me if you want to go back and forth on this.

Any other club members want to consider hosting a club meeting at their house, show off your tank and setup?   

I don't think anyone wants to drive to the coast unless it is HOT HOT HOT in Portland.  Its a 90 minute drive from Cuttlefish.   Perhaps we could figure out something else to do so its a family event/whole day afair. I don't know.    I'm willing to host a full brunch/beach/River trip.....  Perhaps we could get a coastal speaker or something..... If people are going to be asked to make this trip it needs to be worth wile.  

My tank is not worth a 90 minute drive.....yet.

If we have a few people that want to do it, Ill do it.  Lets see what people say.  If I could time the weather I would do it. 

Brittany 

Edited by Brittany
  • Like 1