Automated or controlled rodi valve?

islandVib3s

Was wondering if there's a controlled valve to tell my rodi to turn on of off. I mainly want it to tell it when to make rodi to fill my auto top off tanks when I'm out and about so my ato pumps don't run dry. Thanks in advance.  I plan on setting up 15-35 gallon tanks by my 3 separate setups to make sure they're getting the rodi they will need.

• islandVib3s changed the title to Automated or controlled rodi valve?

I use solenoid valves for mine and it works great.   With the apex, I use the 24v 1link accessory ports to control them.  I also have a 110v one that I control with a normal outlet.  Pretty simple.  Just make sure the valve you get is normally closed and not normally open.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Micah said:

I use solenoid valves for mine and it works great.   With the apex, I use the 24v 1link accessory ports to control them.  I also have a 110v one that I control with a normal outlet.  Pretty simple.  Just make sure the valve you get is normally closed and not normally open.

Something like this? Does this just plug in directly into a outlet or smart plug? Or do I need to wire it to a pig tail plug?Screenshot_20230106_183451_Amazon Shopping.jpg

1 hour ago, shaywood said:

I'm using a similar valve with a wifi leak detector and smart switch. Best practice is not to auto refill in the event of failure. When I receive alert I manually turn on solenoid via wifi app. 

I thought about one on my rodi setup like that, any chance the valve wouldn’t close when power to it shuts off?

I’m personally using the one posted above from Amazon.it is normally closed, so it needs power for water to go through it. It does have a metal screen on it so make sure you push that out before use. I have one that stops the water coming into the RODI and one after. If any solenoid fails the float valve would prevent flooding. I have some 12v power adapters they are connected to and they are all controlled by the apex with an eb8 and the RODI has auto flush on it. Another thing I did with mine is set some sensors to trigger when empty and full. 

Edited by titus'reef
  • Thanks 1