**Blind Frag Swap** December-2022, 👀PRIZE UPDATE 👀

AquaKey

Announcing PNWMAS Blind Frag Swap, December 11th 2022 

Here's how it works

• PNWMAS members only
  • Bring a Frag, go home with a Frag.  Of the same category.
  • Organized by category.   SPS/Stony, LPS/Hard, Zoa/Shrooms/Softies, and a NEW category called high roller
  • Up to two frags, per paid member 
  • Bring up to two frags, in separate bags.   Sharpie the frag name on each bag.
  • You will get a ticket for each representing what coral category you brought
  • At check in, your frag will get hidden in another bag 
  • Check-in is from 1:30-2pm
  • At 2:30pm, exchange your ticket for a blind frag of the same type you brought
  • At 3pm, remaining frags will be sold for $10/draw, to paid members (The club will be supplying some bonus frags into the pool as well.  Therefore, there will be extra frags.)
  • Two frags per member. Don't make these the worst frags you have, we want everyone to go home excited about their new frag! Bring a cooler to drive new frags home.
  • There will be $300 worth of prizes randomly added to the bags, good luck!
  • High roller category: To enter this category, please post a picture of the frag worth more than $50. I will approve it to be entered. It will also serve as a way for others to know what will be submitted into this category.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

image.png

High Roller Approved Submissions

• Like 4

I will throw my hat  :moneybag:into the high end category.  Here are my 2 frags:

First one is well over the 50 dollar minimum. It’s an OG bounce.  I had the ruler for the growout nearby so I used that as well. 😎

It’s about 1cm in diameter. 

0A69E144-966F-4A6C-B54C-DE8DC108BF63.jpeg

E0A6AF90-C70D-4692-8265-FB56813F9923.jpeg
Next is the top Sunkist bounce . This one I’m not sure if the going rate but I believe 50 is a fair asking price from what i have seen online.  It’s 3cm in diameter roughly.78FAD15E-67D1-4AD0-A94D-9FCCBC1C5E63.jpeg41FE3766-7328-4C3A-894F-926F9B1D7A1C.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

I will throw my hat  :moneybag:into the high end category.  Here are my 2 frags:

First one is well over the 50 dollar minimum. It’s an OG bounce.  I had the ruler for the growout nearby so I used that as well. 😎

It’s about 1cm in diameter. 

0A69E144-966F-4A6C-B54C-DE8DC108BF63.jpeg

Next is the top Sunkist bounce . This one I’m not sure if the going rate but I believe 50 is a fair asking price from what i have seen online.  It’s 3cm in diameter roughly.78FAD15E-67D1-4AD0-A94D-9FCCBC1C5E63.jpeg41FE3766-7328-4C3A-894F-926F9B1D7A1C.jpeg

Thanks! First approved submission! :wink2:

Here's my submission, i fragged these colonies and they are currently in the healing process.  I spent a pretty penny for these colonies in hopes of growing them out to get locally. Grand Master Krakatoa roughly $80 a polyp, little shop of horror roughly $140 a polyp. 1 polyp/ 1 polyp 

Screenshot_20221123-232423_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221123-232501_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Here's my submission, i fragged these colonies and they are currently in the healing process.  I spent a pretty penny for these colonies in hopes of growing them out to get locally. Grand Master Krakatoa roughly $80 a polyp, little shop of horror roughly $140 a polyp. 1 polyp/ 1 polyp 

$140/polyp - holy smokes those are like >$1000 colonies.  And I thought SPS were expensive.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

Well unfortunately the gmks aren't doing so good. I'm thinking because the low nutrients in my system.  So I'm going to bring (2) separate polyps of little shop of horrors. My loss and the club gains! I have moved the gmks to my high nutrient system so they should recover. 

Low nutrients... I had that problem in 2021.  Kept zeroing out.  Kicked my butt.   

• AquaKey changed the title to **Blind Frag Swap** December-2022, 👀PRIZE UPDATE 👀