I love my Apex and have had it for about 6-8 months ish. I have used it mostly as a monitor helper with my parameters, and have been turning my equipment off on the app for my feedings rather than having it programmed to Feed A, B, C, or D. I'm just starting to play with the automation for the feeding cycle and wondered what everyone else uses their Apex for. So, let's hear it! What all does your Apex take care of for the most part, so you don't have to. I am ready to take my tank to the next step. . . well. . . as soon as I learn how to program this thing correctly. That being said, if you want to leave some of the coding you use. . . . 😉 that would be amazing!!! I'm currently reading SuncrestReef's articles on Apex and my lighters are burning up! I love the information! Thanks all, hope you chime in and maybe someone others will benefit also! 

• Like 1

Apex has made my tank pretty much on cruise control for its whole life so far. Big things I enjoy that it does for me is:

AWC to display (2 gal/day)

Trident/DOS control of Alk/Cal

ATO from garage 200 gal reservoir (only have to fill it every 2-3 months with auto water changes using same water.

Recently added a 22gal tank to my office and instead of running plumbing between my 210 gal display and office (would have been a nightmare), I currently have it setup with a DOS that changes 10 gal/day between the two tanks. Levels match, life is good!

I feel like my input to the tanks is primarily feeding, which I could automate but choose not to. Aside from that, I just swap a filter sock every few days and empty the skimmer/clean cup once a week or two. Debated adding skimmer overflow switch at one point but my tank has only had the skimmer go nuts about 1x a year and it’s in sump so nothing happens really.

For me, this is the easiest I’ve had a tank go for this long with little to no issues. 

• Like 2