WTB: used Acrylic Aquarium

obrien.david.j

Dont have a tank for sale but, I just built my 70 gallon frag tank around 6 month ago, its really cheap if you buy sheets from acrylic factory there is one in Seattle the whole thing cost me <50 bucks. The nice thing is you can really adjust it to the dimension u want.

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

I'm looking for a used acrylic aquarium for an equipment room experiment.

I'm flexible on size and condition.   Tank must have a minimum 22"x22" footprint.   Could easily use a 4' x 2' tank.  Even if it's scratched, may even be able to use a cracked tank.

Tell me what you have.

What height are you looking for?

5 hours ago, Kerbash said:

Dont have a tank for sale but, I just built my 70 gallon frag tank around 6 month ago, its really cheap if you buy sheets from acrylic factory there is one in Seattle the whole thing cost me <50 bucks. The nice thing is you can really adjust it to the dimension u want.

Can you give me a more specific name to look up, or a link.  I googled Acrylic Factory near Seattle and no go.  This is an option for me.

5 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

What height are you looking for?

looking for like 12".  It's not a frag tank, it's going to be a fixed height station to put a skimmer in.

4 hours ago, svt_guido said:

I have an Aqueon 55 gallon for free…

doesn’t really match your search, but I figured, I’d throw it out there lol

Sounds like Glass.   Thanks, but I'm looking for something I can cut/reshape if needed.

18 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Can you give me a more specific name to look up, or a link.  I googled Acrylic Factory near Seattle and no go.  This is an option for me.

looking for like 12".  It's not a frag tank, it's going to be a fixed height station to put a skimmer in.

Sounds like Glass.   Thanks, but I'm looking for something I can cut/reshape if needed.

I have a 24x24in 1/4 thick acrylic but its only 6in in height. 

I had to call them since there was no website, I dont really remember the name but it might have been one of these. If you are not near seattle they are probably one in your city too. I just googled "acrylic supplier", "custom acrylic sheets", etc.

https://washington-company.com/co/seattle-acrylic-supply-llc

https://www.curbellplastics.com/Discover-Curbell/Locations-Nationwide/Seattle

It looks like u dont want glass but I have also purchased from these guys before

https://www.perkinsglassseattle.com/

Really really good price (at least before the pandemic), they cut and drill however you want. Also if the reason you dont want glass is because you need to drill, the diamond glass drill from amazon makes it suuuuper easy to drill through glass).

cheers

I have my 90 up for $150 with stand and sump. Center overflow, front is not badly scratched but sides might be and you can have the wet sand scratch kit. It's a 4x2 footprint tank. Loved it but I had it and a bow front, bought a 125 and trying to cram everything into it so I can just have one tank. The 90 is empty and dry but not super clean and you probably will want to customize the plumbing (3 holes drilled inside the overflow to play with)

There's also a fair amount of rock sitting in a tank of old saltwater you could have if you want it. I was cooking it but saw bristle worms and button polyps so I guess those things are immortal.

1 hour ago, Electrokate said:

I have my 90 up for $150 with stand and sump. Center overflow, front is not badly scratched but sides might be and you can have the wet sand scratch kit. It's a 4x2 footprint tank. Loved it but I had it and a bow front, bought a 125 and trying to cram everything into it so I can just have one tank. The 90 is empty and dry but not super clean and you probably will want to customize the plumbing (3 holes drilled inside the overflow to play with)

There's also a fair amount of rock sitting in a tank of old saltwater you could have if you want it. I was cooking it but saw bristle worms and button polyps so I guess those things are immortal.

shoot me a picture of the tank if you don't mind.   I'm specifically looking to see the corner seams.   (are the corners glued, or bent?)   scratches and cleanliness just dont matter.  :)

The tank originally was a display at either Waves or Upscales, maybe both, can't remember. Not the bent corners style of like a Tru Vu, it's better than that, but it is older. The stand is pretty ugly at this point but you probably could put a dance party on it, it's stoutly constructed. Here is a picture of the seams from a few years back, and a link to the listing I put for it a while ago. I didn't do a good job upselling it 🙂 It's a good tank though. 

https://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/51451-90-gallon-acrylic-tank-stand-and-sump-micro-sump-for-nano/#comment-490917

tank seams 90.jpg

This is not exactly to scale. In addition to the overflow restricting access front to back it is drilled to accommodate a return line and locline assembly or other flow directing nozzles, which further could make it too small for your purposes if these are installed. 

90 top.jpg

Edited by Electrokate

• 2 weeks later...