Pink Cadillac GrowOut Competition!

1 minute ago, Yourmedic said:

Thank you @Emerald525! I’m excited to be apart of such a great group and be in my first grow out!

I agree . You have the right attitude 😃. This is meant to be fun and for bragging rights and sometimes you learn something too.  Really if you just remember to take a picture every month for 6 months you have a shot at winning. Now sit back and watch my 25 lagoon dominate 😉

• Like 4

My frag is #6. I removed the frag from the original plug and glued it to a new one. It measures about 25 mm. This is my lowboy frag system that is about 90 gallons, including the sump. Reefi Duo Extreme leds. I keep alk around 8 and Ca around 400. Nitrate is 15 ppm and Phosphate is .09 ppm.

PXL_20221127_201253648.MP.jpg

PXL_20221127_201307600.MP.jpg

PXL_20221127_200930960.MP.jpg

PXL_20221127_200803257.MP.jpg

• Like 3

inbound1099648804959249527.jpg

inbound7524518538225918750.jpg

inbound7442152621015977795.jpg

Well, I have come crawling out of my shell and back on to the PNWMAS yet again. Thanks to my good friend Andy B. I have acquired a frag for this grow out competition. The first picture is probably the most accurate being out of the water and I am getting a reading/measurement of I would say, 1 inch even... And yes, in case you don't believe your eyes, my fingers really are that fat!

My frag is an anomaly as it was numbered #99, even though there were not that many cuts to begin with... Almost as if it is from another time line, or even the Future!

I dipped it for a long time so it has yet to be happy with me and shown me it's polyps, but I am optimistic over time she will give me a peak of her pink Cadillac loveliness.

I stuck this in a 120 gallon grow out lagoon of mine.

hand dosing B-Ionic 2 part solution daily.

old school koralia swirl this shallow tank at about 6000 gallons an hour.

lighting is a hodge podge of black box, AI prime HDs, and Daniels BOMB Reefi Uno's!

parameters generally fall into the KH-7, PH-8ish,Calc-420-460, NO3-5-, and I haven't checked phosphate in over a year probably.

not only does this tank have no controller, doser, or any timers whatsoever, it also has no heater, so only the strong survive!... Actually, there are tons and tons of beautiful healthy corals growing in there but I have a knack for flying by the seat of my pants as many people will a test to.

Oh yeah, Thank you all for having me aboard, much appreciated! And sorry about the bad cell phone pics and blue saturation, I was running a bit late to the deadline here.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, badxgillen said:

My frag is an anomaly as it was numbered #99, even though there were not that many cuts to begin with... Almost as if it is from another time line, or even the Future!

You caught me!    @reefrun transferred the batch of frags for me to hand out, with one Unnumbered.   I didn't know what the next number was, so I chose #99.   Its number may be an anomaly, but it's a good looking frag.  Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Okay, 13 reporting in. I have had this frag for 2 weeks but hopefully it is at it's ugly low point now.

I heard coral likes stability, so I moved it to a new tank, got it new lights and new flow and then moved it around a few more times.

Now a 55 gallon tank... Does touching saltwater alter your brain somehow? Anyway... This is my new low point. Looking forward to watching this thing grow (and hopefully not die).

20221130_164053.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is with heavy heart I post today. . . I am out of the grow out. . . My frag has crossed to deeper waters. . . I wish I knew why so I could correct my tank so I can keep acros… if anyone has ideas, please let me know. I am also going to post for help in another topic string. Good luck to all and grow strong!

@reefrun @obrien.david.j

10970142-D8FF-4B78-A1F9-4C83A04AFEEE.jpeg

Edited by Yourmedic
  • Sad 4

42 minutes ago, Yourmedic said:

It is with heavy heart I post today. . . I am out of the grow out. . . My frag has crossed to deeper waters. . . I wish I knew why so I could correct my tank so I can keep acros… if anyone has ideas, please let me know. I am also going to post for help in another topic string. Good luck to all and grow strong!

@reefrun @obrien.david.j

A very clique answer/question but, what is your param?

Edited by Kerbash

1 hour ago, Yourmedic said:

@reefrun @obrien.david.j

Sorry to hear this … Your parameters posted didn’t look bad.  Are you having difficulty with other sps ? Have you lose any other acros ?

I’m not an sps master but :

I feel like stability is key and I have found stn happens with rapid swings although honestly I just hand dose once a day and don’t dose at all when I’m out of town. 

I am also careful with using things like Chemiclean or phosphate removers.  How long have you been using the phosrx.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...