Pink Cadillac GrowOut Competition!

On 11/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, obrien.david.j said:
2885 NW Bauer Woods Dr, Portland OR, 97229
( west side of town, north of Hwy 26 off Cedar Hills blvd exit - east of Bethany area)

Please PM me to confirm date/time of your pickup.   Also confirm @reefrun has received your payment before pickup. 

On 11/16/2022 at 8:59 AM, obrien.david.j said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE...

Frags are at @reefrun's house.   We're not going to xfer the whole batch to my house for this weekend, and then xfer back to reefrun's house for next weekend.

YOU NEED TO NOTIFY ME YOU WANT TO PICK UP FROM ME...  By End of Thursday please

(so your frag can be xfered to my house)

IMPORTANT UPDATE #2...   Modifying Pickup Hours

So far, pickups are clustering to Saturday, and an early morning Sunday.   So I'm modifying Pickup Hours to match RSVP's already received

• Friday Nov 18th :  6-8pm <-- CANCELLING
  • Saturday Nov 19th : Noon-3pm
  • Sunday Nov 20th : 4-6pm <-- MODIFYING
  • Sunday Nov 20th : 9-9:30am, 8-9pm <-- NEW SUNDAY HOURS

I've heard from 5 people picking up from my place this weekend, and confirmed Payment received.

These people signed up, but have not paid and have not arranged pickup time.  (unless @reefrun updates me)

@Bicyclebill - you've paid, just need to arrange pickup

19 minutes ago, 503reefdroid said:

So you don't reply to dm? I can only meet at cnc other wise take me off and send my money back 

Dude I’ve been sick with Covid for 10 days, clearly I missed seeing your payment. All you had to do was send a note saying it was sent and I’d confirm receipt. All I had was a dm with your cell number and no context. Please understand we’re having to coordinate with over 20 people and there will be hiccups along the way.

I’ve marked you as paid now. If you want to pick up at CnC next weekend we can do that. I’m sending a couple extras to @obrien.david.j if you want to arrange a pick up this weekend. If you want to back out just let me know and I’ll refund your money.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

@obrien.david.j @reefrun I am assuming the requirement to use the ruler on all pictures will be excused this time since some of us have not been able to obtain our ruler and pop stands ? I like the idea of us all using the same ruler for consistency. 

If not I will hunt down a plastic ruler ! 

I handed out rulers with each frag from my place this weekend.   Hunt down a ruler, try and add it to your picture.   I'll make judging easier.

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

I handed out rulers with each frag from my place this weekend.   Hunt down a ruler, try and add it to your picture.   I'll make judging easier.

You may want to let the other people who posted in this thread know as they are going to get dq’d by tomorrow. Interestingly I found a ruler from the batch I bought from a competition years ago. 

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

Successful Pickup day 1 for my place.  Thanks for the pickups everyone.

Done:  @Brittany @Yourmedic @Gumby @mpfinnigan @Leonardomanzano

Thanks David and @reefrun for coordinating this. The most challenging part of these competitions is trying to arrange pickup.  You can just give me my POP stand at the Holiday party !

23 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Thank you. It was nice to visit you.

Nice to see you back !

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, reefers around the world. . . *takes top hat off* you are cordially invited to observe the frag of frags. . . The frag that will lead the charge and give all others a run for their money. . . Behold. . . Frag number 14!!! 

This beauty lives in a 210 display with a 60 sump. Faux sun provided by 3 XR30 Pros. 

Temp: 78.1

PH: 8.14

ALK: 10.8

CAL: 509

MAG: 1460

Nitrate: 29.8

Phosphate: 1.70

Currently dosing Phosphate rx.

Starting height: 2.4cm (with rules on plug)

Thank you @obrien.david.j and @reefrun for this fun grow out! Best of luck to everyone and happy growing!!

Side note, this is my first grow out and I am just getting into sps corals, so any tips, tricks, or advice is always welcome. 😉

AC4F555C-5EE3-4942-86E0-E2E149FEEF21.jpeg

355AA7F2-01CC-46B7-9E98-A25DA94B7A27.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Yourmedic said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, reefers around the world. . . *takes top hat off* you are cordially invited to observe the frag of frags. . . The frag that will lead the charge and give all others a run for their money. . . Behold. . . Frag number 14!!! 

This beauty lives in a 210 display with a 60 sump. Faux sun provided by 3 XR30 Pros. 

Temp: 78.1

PH: 8.14

ALK: 10.8

CAL: 509

MAG: 1460

Nitrate: 29.8

Phosphate: 1.70

Currently dosing Phosphate rx.

Starting height: 2.4cm (with rules on plug)

Thank you @obrien.david.j and @reefrun for this fun grow out! Best of luck to everyone and happy growing!!

Side note, this is my first grow out and I am just getting into sps corals, so any tips, tricks, or advice is always welcome. 😉

AC4F555C-5EE3-4942-86E0-E2E149FEEF21.jpeg

355AA7F2-01CC-46B7-9E98-A25DA94B7A27.jpeg

One of the more creative posts. I wouldn’t call myself and sps master but your parameters look good to me. Nice use of the POP stand too. I haven’t gotten mine yet but those are 😎!

• Like 2