QT and SPS

ShoeCrew

Hello,

How do you keep SPS in QT? Do you have a full setup with dosers and automation? I am struggling to keep them alive in the qt for more than 3 weeks. At around 3 week mark, the flesh starts to recede, I end up yielding and placing in DT to save it. 

Thanks,

6 hours ago, ShoeCrew said:

Hello,

How do you keep SPS in QT? Do you have a full setup with dosers and automation? I am struggling to keep them alive in the qt for more than 3 weeks. At around 3 week mark, the flesh starts to recede, I end up yielding and placing in DT to save it. 

Thanks,

I'm currently building myself a 20L AIO sps qt, im going to be doing weekly water changes from my main DT. Also adding bio media from my main DT to the qt,using very similar lights and flow also. I also added a reflective bottom to the qt to help with light coverage and using some diy clear acrylic racks. I have big hopes for it. I might run it fishless also and with some CUC just in case. Ill probably end up just keeping some inverts in it next to my DT. 

The tank is established enough. I used it for fluke treatment of wrasses at first. Then I placed some Zoas as qt for about 90 days. Then another batch of hard and soft corals.  It has  been going for close to a year. I m notoriously bad at checking parameters. The only reason my DT is functioning is because I have a ghl kh director and I do 10% water change every week. In qt, other than occasional water change the only thing I do is I have ato and tight temp control. Obviously that is not enough for SPS.