Has anyone DIYd a large lagoon with a pond liner?

islandVib3s

I think it's a great idea.    For lighting, you could hang 400W MH lights from the ceiling.  I'm sure there's a bunch of those around used and reasonably priced.

Are you thinking something like 4'x12'?  Could setup the flow in the long direction of the lagoon, even slow flow.

Oh, this would make a great Banggai grow out setup!  :)

• Like 1

Lol yea it was just a idea. Was thinking just getting a big shipping crate locally and reinforcing it with either 2x6s or 4x4. Then lining it. Just been seeing alot of no view frag/lagoon setups and seems pretty simple and looks beautiful.  Lol I kinda want some small sharks 🤣

On 10/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, islandVib3s said:

Lol yea it was just a idea. Was thinking just getting a big shipping crate locally and reinforcing it with either 2x6s or 4x4. Then lining it. Just been seeing alot of no view frag/lagoon setups and seems pretty simple and looks beautiful.  Lol I kinda want some small sharks 🤣

You TPO roofing membrane. Super thick snd it rocks!! If you are putting live rock in it watch out for puncturing the liner with sharp edges.  Outdoor carpey on the plywood side as a buffer to the liner works wonders.  I use it on my outdoor water feature!! Bullet proof 

• Thanks 1