Anyone keep a Deep Sand Bed?

Eatfrenchfries

Looking for anyone with a current tank that has a functioning deep sand bed. Pictures would be nice as well. Haven't had much luck locally in Portland as everyone keeps their tanks too sterile. 

I need to seed my deep sand bed for an upcoming project as it will be close to 6+ inches thick. Using fine grain sand, special grade, and garden soil. Already have anoxic layers forming but would like to have a larger fauna population. Best bet would be to get a cup or two of sand from someone with an already established set up. Species specific build otherwise I wouldn't use such a large bed. 

Hope some members out there would like to show off their tanks! The grittier the better 

I've just upgraded tanks and still have all my old setup running with temp/flow/lights going, to include all the old sand.  It's been running for several years, so I'd consider it fairly established and your welcome to however much of it you'd like.  I was planning on emptying the tank today, so I can keep some in a tote or bucket, or just leave in the tank if you want to come get whatever you want, just let me know.....

• Like 1