Attending MACNA Sept 9-11, 2022 in Milwaukee

obrien.david.j

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Got our travel details all booked.   Anyone else attending MACNA this year?

BTW - It looked easier to fly into Chicago (ORD) and drive the 1hr+ up to Milwaukee, rather than fly there itself.   No direct flights to MKE, but found good direct flights PDX->ORD.

https://macna.org/

image.png

Easy and O hare should never be in the same sentence. Not going but have always had a blast. Take lots of pictures!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Got our travel details all booked.   Anyone else attending MACNA this year?

BTW - It looked easier to fly into Chicago (ORD) and drive the 1hr+ up to Milwaukee, rather than fly there itself.   No direct flights to MKE, but found good direct flights PDX->ORD.

https://macna.org/

image.png

Most definitely easier to fly to ORD and drive up from there. Otherwise, seemed like they wanted to connect through Munich.

Or Tampa.

Looking very much forward to this one!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, svt_guido said:

Bring some coral back.!.

I generally don't bring much livestock back, but my favorite is kind of a lavender stick from Macna 2017/New Orleans. 

I got lucky.  Grew great in my tank for years.   Gave Holly a clipping as a gift.  And when I upgraded my tank in 2020, I lost all of the original colonies.   Got a clipping back from Holly, and it's still going great!

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Easy and O hare should never be in the same sentence. Not going but have always had a blast. Take lots of pictures!

I Always talk lots of pictures.  Poke me afterwards, and I'll post them.  :)

13 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Most definitely easier to fly to ORD and drive up from there. Otherwise, seemed like they wanted to connect through Munich.

Or Tampa.

Looking very much forward to this one!

I could get there through Minneapolis, but times were Ugly.  To do it, really wanted me to stay and extra night and fly out on Monday. Didn't want to do that.  ORD direct is a much better route.

11 hours ago, half-astronaut said:

There's an Amtrak line between Chicago and Milwaukee that runs several times a day. 
https://amtrakhiawatha.com/amtrak/schedules.php

Nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexinverts said:

I am going. My ticket was a miles ticket, so I am traveling all day. I fly to San Fran (SFO), then to Chicago (ORD) and then to Milwaukee. Should be an adventure!

Been there, couldn't afford the all day this time.  I've got a cousin in Milwaukee, so sneaking in a dinner with them Thurs eve, and trying to still get out Sunday night after the raffle.  Need to work on Monday!  :)

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Lexinverts said:

Hi Dave:

How are you getting from the airport to the Hilton hotel downtown? Do you know if there is a shuttle?

See you there!

Andy

I'm flying into ORD 7am direct flight from PDX Thursday morning, and then renting a car - driving up.   If you're on the same flight, I can give you a ride.   I didn't investigate any other options.

Just now, obrien.david.j said:

I'm flying into ORD 7am direct flight from PDX Thursday morning, and then renting a car - driving up.   If you're on the same flight, I can give you a ride.   I didn't investigate any other options.

Thanks, I am flying into MKE on Thursday night. I'll probably have to Uber it to the hotel. See you there.

5 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Was looking at the Macna Facebook feed and I spotted a familiar face 😎 Can anyone guess who it is ?

That’s us!  2nd or 3rd in line for the 8th annual Neptune breakfast.  

and yea, That’s my wife in front of me.  😀

3 hours ago, Flash21 said:

David, Stop looking at the women's butt in front of you. She’s a married women! 

• Like 2