Intro Post, new to reefing in Beaverton, OR

BoyDynamo

Hello! I am located in Beaverton, OR and have had my marine tank running since the end of April. I have a 55 gallon Aqueon glass tank with two 95W LED lamps on the display, 300 GPH HOB overflow, and a 10 gallon sump/refugium with 15W LED lamp, filter sock, protein skimmer, and 480 GPH return pump; I have a 5 gallon, gravity fed ATO with the float valve going the sump. The display tank has 60 pounds of CaribSea LifeRock and 60 pounds of mixed CaribSea Fiji pink AragAlive and Oolite sands, and the refugium has chaeto. 

Currently my tank is stocked with three green chromis, a saffron molly, a diamond watchman goby, and assorted clean-up-crew creatures; about a dozen blue and red dwarf hermit crabs, a Mexican red legged hermit, a Halloween hermit, an emerald crab, about a dozen small astraea snails, three large astraea snails, two conchs, six "zombie snails", and a tiger tail sea cucumber. The only corals I have at the moment are a kryptonite candy cane and a pulsing xenia.

I have a few things that I want to do with the tank, including adding some three lyretail anthias, a mandarin blenny, flame hawkfish, Helfrichi firefish, a lot more corals, and a dosing pump. I was informed that I should use a PAR meter to check my exact light parameters, and I should do that before adding the corals. Does this seem like good stock for a reef? There are some other fish I am interested in, but am not sure would do well in my tank like a royal gramma basslet and a cleaner wrasse. 

Any input would be awesome. I am glad to be part of the community.

Welcome!  It sounds like you're off to a great start so far.

We have really good community of local reefers here with a wealth of knowledge, so I'm sure some of them will chime in with advice.

In case you're not aware, we have our upcoming PNWMAS club meeting on August 21st at Golden Basket Reef in Tigard which would be a great opportunity to meet other local reefers, enjoy some free food & drinks, have a chance to win some reefing raffle prizes, and see one of the area's coolest coral growing facilities.  Click this link for full details on the meeting:

Welcome to the forum ! A mandarin is not a good starting fish for a new tank unless you have one that is trained to est frozen. You need to build up a copeped population. Anthias can also be tricky as they are active and require frequent feeding.  par meter is helpful and if you become a supporting member you can borrow it for free a week at a time.  
Just coming on here taking your time and learning is a good start but we have all made mistakes and I continue to do so at times which is why this group is so helpful.

Hope to see you at the meeting Aug 21!