Tank sitting in LakeO / Hillsdale / Multnomah Village

Cobalt

I’m hoping to get out of town for at least a couple weeks here soon. Anyone in the hobby (or with trustworthy 🤨 teenage kids) that is interested in checking in on my tank maybe every 2-3 days? I have a webcam, full apex with trident / fish feeder, and infinite automated water top off. But as you know Murphy’s law will strike the day after I leave. Probably a seam failure 😂

this is less of a sitting thing, but more of a in case something goes south thing. the fish seem to subsist on pellet food for a week, but I’m not sure about 2-3 weeks. I try to toss a cube of frozen mysis and some nori in at least once a day, so dropping in a couple cubes twice a week would go a long way in ensuring everyone stays well fed.

I can pay per visit. Or I can reward with corals. I’ll probably be breaking this tank down this fall so I could hook you up in that case. I’m right behind Riverdale HS.

Edited by Cobalt

On 7/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, PowderBlue said:

If you don’t find someone feel free to keep me in mind. I couldn’t do everyday but I could definitely get out there every few days to at least toss in the mysis and give everything a once over. 

Thanks PB! Yeah I’m kind of thinking just every 3 days to drop in a couple cubes, some nori in the clip for the tangs, make sure water level is good in sump and top off water bucket, make sure skimmer isn’t overflowing (that’s my number one issue, and my skin mate float doesn’t always turn it off) or even just an on call emergency contact if I notice something on the apex or camera. The tank is pretty sell sufficient.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:21 AM, J-Dog said:

I can check in for u (no need for any sort of payment).  My station is right down the street from Riverdale.  Shoot me a PM to discuss details

Thanks j-dog I’ll reach out too.

between the two of you it would be nice to have a couple emergency contacts I could text if something was going south. 

happy to return the favor for when anyone else goes out of town too.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:21 AM, J-Dog said:

• Like 1