Tank Crashed. Selling what's left alive (inverts, rock, some coral)

rappo

Lost quite a bit of my tank yesterday and was already considering taking a break from the hobby. Taking this as a sign, so I want to get the livestock rehomed ASAP. Please take it all as a lot. $150

East Vancouver, WA (Burnt Bridge Creek - 98682)

Here's what I know is still alive:

2 small bubble tip anemones

1 Haitian anemone

1 feather duster worm

2 Fighting conches

a handful (probably more than a dozen left, but let's say 6 just to play it safe) Trochus, nassarius, bumble bee, nerite, ceriths snails

a few zebra and red tip hermits

1 electric blue hermit

1 halloween hermit

palm sized branching rock with mushrooms (6-7 heads)

palm-sized zoa rock, partially broken in two

3 large pieces of rock (enough to make a little ledge/arch in a 25 gal, don't remember the precise weight)

Hawaiian Black arag-alive sand

There is some GSP and xenia on some of the rock, easily removed if you don't want it.

NOTE: the rock has bristleworms. I know some hate them, some love them. I never minded them, but if you do you'll have to dry out the rock or invest in something to eat it.

The following are in the "I can't find them; might still be alive, might not be" camp (so plan on not, but could be a bonus):

1 scarlet hermit

1 tuxedo urchin

tiger pistol shrimp

a gorgeous nudibranch that appeared out of nowhere 2-3 weeks ago despite me not changing a single thing in many months. Looks just like the photo of Hypselodoris infucata on wikipedia?

The tank is a Waterbox 25 penninsula + AI Prime HD, I'll be listing that separately after I get it emptied. Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested in that and don't mind waiting.

u5KVe5a2fFCUxU4j_9nlXWeaWqRiZa6Bgwlm84bRMYMAy-WKMT3BbxMyPkfQJ0KDPFL8oqJiDNMnybO1uU4QZs9AMoxazaA6oRNGr26axCUVbqTlCrUbk9ofVO5peZtV_FXtiKD3Ktd7PS6aMSV12jW-BhgrDSvu2PBcYjyMrJSb_iqiCD0bhRnn1HGolor2ToTNLLTgCBOcIK6lfj5JJ_5wbyla5jBkpPMJiNKINKXynsgC2jexEUgU-wCY-5iAZNP6jKHk-pKIKrw9MeeuKwTY26SMal84TTFc3dbRkQEhzKhDuF5rBDvcvUFcPGhOR3lYXL8UxU3NgKjX3qe2QkiRVjQZUzavOFI2bJBthvJp1mhWuo-WiRTD70NPc8B_LItQRnhwlGCTK6ITvz34L1n-kIUU8utBvYTqfyUTcd2DfV9fHRXpq984x8aVLRo1BpuWkpzyUOyshEUoT_jTiW96TD_9VERIyLwkhdwgWXuGbVdxhYnOoI7zn9yidZfReVPsFPyg2hZWqguVQIDm2Jcx_41oFFPGIoOFawVEppkQUNAUb7ioZZXKUFb17Hwe2ONYuxpfmPsnUiKs7OEGC9rUjnkGWR7eEt08j44g05cueCW3Cr_evxOXZgP5Mj3NQGto_Z87KUse1Pi2EghZHVVpgKwxLyABUup1HlwhkVq4SkvwlrLX6zSXjXr1i2KbX-E4EeHFSZ-N_VWtrWtPEOaH5ul52UYb--F9DIF9apm2ct7bob9zxKS_oAeYE0U=w1695-h1276-no?authuser=06UTvLPeEWofebT93ihvEgffhz1Uozt4LPBounAKTRmfasw3uwQ8qG0iCyzKcrnRz64vUqfr9L-EwjuPSv0RdNxS7cz6_yJi28R443_sdBlOJgInUF6jckuFwmt8UIWmEBRffnqr53p9sleOrM5eMCatuwLQdU0BufZNoYUQTeeYWGiz7InO_NEbOCMpiUmFxNYpSffPYqQhUeLjl8yMUOBD09Iezm7w2_g_jzSQYrQpcKwBbHakHnHQHHMXZAepH95uU6L3V76FxgafzGGHSMm5G7xMmeE_DZ0WG9ofyaYR0N8MlIleYibkuHBEbyHJ2Ec3uk3rlXy2TKgFSZwD7H0GsWj-Z8ww1jP-r9BbfRuVDTbL2kme11wwGpStH_iszEUBPnpbWcrJXn-fi-CQ-A7m2_Ek1KuYwYqB0copgf6Km9G2Es88ZwszwyZUs1ItnrN9n0bedx_cK0d4cGTdV-ki6Bwnt8NUrx9zKjDZdpBzSsXcQYjC7OSssYQRAhUjWLQEFVhguNp4JPvZCXf5SQrbB6J0b77XK3jHyyMcccER9rc7Xs042-HRQyvbjek45QMwGTQVUMS07kVWFUtdQQhatGdhvNm-CJNOrc60AuWpv7zqluUM9fzBVQvvsC5_pbqW7ZcA7pNgs5MZ96rbVVazadT_c7x-DmfUUHKHgKcB8wuivXr-tMEFPLL0LRAYEfEYLoApUox91B-eZGNKhymhW5HH9rNaMHUbXI3hdYLn258kpps7dsqorh9q8pv0=w1695-h1276-no?authuser=0

and here's the nudi because it was so interesting:

image.png.37469a2cd28a95dbdb4e85de2ac49f00.png

Edited by rappo
added photos

46 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

Man sorry to hear this what happened? 

Thanks. Honestly, I'm not 100% certain, and this is going to sound a bit crazy, but my only theory is Dr Tim's Waste-away gel. I haven't made any notable changes or additions to my tank in a while. I had a stick of the waste-away gel kicking around so I put it in on Friday. Saturday night I noticed one of my clowns acting strange and eventually dying, but everything else was fine so I thought it was a fluke. Yesterday I woke up to all the fish, shrimp, emerald crab, etc dead. Most of the snails and hermits survived, as did the nems. I haven't had time to test and at this point I'm just going to throw in the towel for now. [and good to (virtually) see you again!]

Edited by rappo
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:33 PM, rappo said:

Thanks. Honestly, I'm not 100% certain, and this is going to sound a bit crazy, but my only theory is Dr Tim's Waste-away gel. I haven't made any notable changes or additions to my tank in a while. I had a stick of the waste-away gel kicking around so I put it in on Friday. Saturday night I noticed one of my clowns acting strange and eventually dying, but everything else was fine so I thought it was a fluke. Yesterday I woke up to all the fish, shrimp, emerald crab, etc dead. Most of the snails and hermits survived, as did the nems. I haven't had time to test and at this point I'm just going to throw in the towel for now. [and good to (virtually) see you again!]

Ugh that sucks.  Sorry you have to deal with that. Hope to have you join us again soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...