SOLD: Red Sea Reefer XL 425 + custom fit Trigger sump w/ roller filter and complete Apex setup for full automation

This is the world-famous SuncrestReef Apex-controlled Red Sea Reefer XL 425 as documented in my detailed Reef2Reef build thread, and the system that I referenced when I wrote my highly popular series of Apex tutorial articles.

The original retail price for all of this equipment was over $12,000.  I am offering the complete system for sale at a steeply discounted package price of $4,000.  If it is not sold within two weeks, I will consider parting out the individual components.  However, the pricing on this complete package will be substantially better than buying the individual components. 

The Apex has been reset to factory defaults and will need to be programmed from scratch, but I can provide a copy of the complete configuration for reference.

$4,000 for the complete system.  Cash or PayPal.  You pick up at my house in Beaverton.

Here's a photo and video of the tank at its peak:
image.png

image.png

Package includes:

• Red Sea Reefer XL 425 (88 gallon display) with black cabinet
    Reefer.png
  • Trigger Systems Platinum 34 gallon sump with automated 10” roller filter.  Increases the total system volume to 122 gallons, 10 gallons larger than with the stock Red Sea sump.  Sump includes built-in probe holder, 4 built-in dosing tube holders, and an adjustable baffle to adjust the size of skimmer and refugium chambers.  Two additional rolls of filter fleece included.  Each roll lasts approximately 2 months depending on bio load.  No more cleaning filter socks!!!
    Sump.png
  • Customized 80/20 aluminum frame replacing the stock Red Sea center cabinet panel allowing room for a larger sump and utility shelf
    image.png
  • LED lighting inside the cabinet with motion detection on/off switch
    Lights.png
  • Power strip mounted inside the cabinet
  • Red Sea screen lid
    Lid.png
  • Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer
    Skimmer.png
  • Avast Marine Swabbie automated skimmer neck cleaner
    Swabbie.png
  • Avast Marine Davey Jones Skimmate Locker with switch for Apex integration to automatically turn off skimmer when full and send alert
    Locker.png
  • Avast Marine breakout box for Apex
    BoB.png
  • Apex 2016 base unit
    Apex.png
  • Apex temperature, pH, salinity, and ORP probes (probes stored wet to preserve lifespan)
    Probes.png
  • Apex auxiliary 12v power adapter for integration with a UPS backup battery (UPS battery not included)
    image.png
  • EB832 EnergyBar
    EB832.png
  • Neptune COR-20 return pump
    COR.png
  • Neptune SKY LED lights x 2
    SKY1.png SKY2.png
  • EcoTech RMS mounting arms for SKY LED lights
    RMS.png
  • Neptune GRO refugium light
    GRO.png
  • Neptune DOS for 2-part alkalinity and calcium dosing
    DOS.png
  • Neptune DDR canister for alkalinity and calcium liquids
    DDR.png
  • Neptune Trident for automated alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium testing, and automated dosing control
    Trident.png
  • 2 month Trident reagent supply
    Reagent.png
  • 1 gallon Trident waste storage bottle
  • Neptune ATK with FMM for optical sensors
    ATK.png
  • Neptune FMM for flow sensors and leak sensors
    FMM.png
  • Two Neptune leak sensors (one low-profile to fit in tight spaces)
    Leak.png
  • Neptune PMK with PAR monitor mounted on a long handle
    PAR.pngPMK.png
  • Neptune WAV x 2
    WAV.png
  • Maxspect Gyre XF-230 powerheads x 2
    Gyre.png
  • IceCap Gyre interface for Apex to control Gyre speed and direction via 0-10v variable speed outputs
    IceCap.png
  • Neptune AFS
    AFS.jpg
  • Neptune PM2 for additional salinity and/or temperature probes
    PM2.png
  • Custom 6-button toggle box for Apex automation
    Buttons.png
  • Neptune Display Module (black version)
    Display.png
  • Finnex 300w heater
  • AquaUV 15w UV sterilizer with new UV bulb
    UV.png
  • Customized orange 1” PVC hard plumbing with Schedule 80 unions at all critical connections to allow easy disassembly or cleaning, gate valve for quiet overflow adjustment, and ball valves for UV bypass.
    image.png
  • Neptune 1” flow sensor on return line
    Flow.png
  • Dual VCA Random Flow Generator return nozzles on LocLine Y-splitter
    VCA.png
  • Flipper 4" magnifier glass
    Flipper.png
  • Like 3

Ummmm,   I dont see you’re 30+ years of experience in IT and computer engineering in the list of package components.

throw that in too and I’d buy the setup right now!  Mariage, space in the house and free time be damned! 

for any of you looking for an amazing setup… you can’t find a better system.  I’ve seen this in person, $4k is a steal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

Bump...

This is a great deal for someone wanting a complete system, or even for someone just looking to turn a profit on reselling the individual components.

Don’t think I haven’t been eyeing this set up for that reason.  Use what i can sell the rest. I do have a build I’m working on.Throw in your mixing station and I may not be able to resist . 😎

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

Don’t think I haven’t been eyeing this set up for that reason.  Use what i can sell the rest. I do have a build I’m working on.Throw in your mixing station and I may not be able to resist . 😎

Sorry, the mixing station is already sold.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, Emerald525 said:

Well Kim, you do need someplace to keep the purple tang!  Pick this up and you could babysit all my fish for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Last chance to buy the complete system…

To those considering setting up a system, I suspect the price tag on this setup has you stopped in your tracks.    Hint, by the time you get your setup going - it's going to be more.  Might as well start off with the right gear, configured the right way, and then you can just focus on the learnings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, obrien.david.j said:

To those considering setting up a system, I suspect the price tag on this setup has you stopped in your tracks.    Hint, by the time you get your setup going - it's going to be more.  Might as well start off with the right gear, configured the right way, and then you can just focus on the learnings.

Exactly what David said!

• SuncrestReef changed the title to PENDING: Red Sea Reefer XL 425 + custom fit Trigger sump w/ roller filter and complete Apex setup for full automation
  • SuncrestReef changed the title to SOLD: Red Sea Reefer XL 425 + custom fit Trigger sump w/ roller filter and complete Apex setup for full automation