Uniseal question

islandVib3s

I assume your asking about uniseals?

yes,  they work well.  The twice I’ve used them they were very difficult to get the pipe in, which in hindsight made me much more comfortable that the seal would hold. 

they are really the only way to get a proper seal on a round container (that I know of at least)

20 minutes ago, Parzifal said:

I assume your asking about uniseals?

yes,  they work well.  The twice I’ve used them they were very difficult to get the pipe in, which in hindsight made me much more comfortable that the seal would hold. 

they are really the only way to get a proper seal on a round container (that I know of at least)

Yea thats what I was thinking unless you tighten a bulkhead until it flattens out lol. I may order some for a new mixing station. Are they installed only 1 way? As for installing? So the pipe goes in,but can't slip out? Thats my only worry

• islandVib3s changed the title to Uniseal question

Yeah.  They go in one way and once you get the pipe in…it’s tough to get out.   The pressure the pipe puts on the uniseal is what makes the connection waterproof. 

they work really well, just make sure you have a rubber mallet and tap lightly 😉

• Thanks 1

It is REALLY handle to cut an angle on the pipe and put some silicone grease on the pipe before inserting it into the uniseal.  I have actually installed about 200 different uniseals, they are AWESOME.  You want to experience pain?  Try inserting a 4" pipe into a uniseal!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1