Big news

I launched my IT support business in 2001, and now after many years of hard work, I finally sold that business.  For now I’m planning to shut down and sell my reef tank so my wife & I can travel and figure out when and where we will resettle.  I’ll post a classified ad for my tank soon.

While I may be out of the hobby for a while, I intend to continue my role of PNWMAS Treasurer and will remain somewhat active in the forums as time permits.   I'm not sure about my timeline, but I'm sure I'll get sucked back into reefing at some point.  I have met some wonderful people through PNWMAS, and I love the camaraderie of this group, so I plan to remain involved. At a minimum, I will be 100% devoted to the upcoming May meeting at CNC, the Group Buys, and the June meeting in Newport.

Thanks to all of you for your support and friendship since I began my reefing adventure in 2018.

-John
aka SuncrestReef

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The selfish side of me says, No Way!  The friend side of me says, Congratulations for starting and running a successful business for >20 years - and being able to sell it, and enjoy life.

There is a way to have the best of both worlds, travel and a reef tank.   Just hire a maintenance service.   No matter how long you're gone, tank will be three running and waiting for you when you get back.  :)

• Thanks 1

Wow you were the first person we followed and basically copied your mixing station build and we followed your tank build religiously to gain confidence in doing it ourselves. Envious of your traveling, Im in IT but don't have my own company to sell, [language filter] it I did it wrong hah!