Club coral saw?

Lifer

I've been thinking that this would be a great club resource, similar to the light meters.  It's not something I can justify buying because it would rarely get used, but it sure would come in handy for a few corals every now and then (e.g., non-branching Duncan).

Thoughts?

Love the idea,  storage usage and logistics of the larger item would be an opportunity area.  Any ideas on pricing?

only major concern I could see would be the liability of a club owned power tool capable of easily removing fingers. any personal injury lawyers on here care to weigh in on this topic?

An individual could buy one in the next six months or so and rent it out for members for a small fee plus hefty deposit. 

13 hours ago, half-astronaut said:

Is it any easier to borrow a saw than have a shop cut whatever you need? Seems like bringing corals to the saw is more efficient.

I have thought on this one before and have a semi solution. Here is my offer.......I actually like cutting up corals, if you want to bring the corals to the shop i do this quite often for people. Using up saw blades to visit with forum folks is more than a fair trade for me :)

20220227_105831.jpg

Edited by MrBret
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MrBret said:

I have thought on this one before and have a semi solution. Here is my offer.......I actually like cutting up corals, if you want to bring the corals to the shop i do this quite often for people. Using up saw blades to visit with forum folks is more than a fair trade for me :)

20220227_105831.jpg

I never thought of asking the local shops about this service (duh). Thanks @MrBret for offering!

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2022 at 11:00 AM, MrBret said:

Hi Bret - very generous offer!  Seems like local shops have been pretty good about working with customers on things like this so I would at least ask them if you know they have a saw... Definitely could see issues with trying to loan one out.

• Like 1