Lighting parameters

Curelessjr

I've had my Waterbox Peninsula 25 running for a little over a month now with an Ai Prime HD.

When I first started the tank, I set my lighting schedule/parameters to the BRS video on light settings. However, I never felt confident that I had done it correct, it seemed to just be white with very little blue. So I just went and downloaded some of the preset/signature light settings from Ai to see what it looked like and it was significantly different (basically daylight vs. a deep blue).

I'm at a total loss on how to choose light parameters for my tank. Any tips or tricks? Even better, anyone have a Peninsula 25 with a prime willing to share their lighting parameters?

13 minutes ago, Curelessjr said:

I've had my Waterbox Peninsula 25 running for a little over a month now with an Ai Prime HD.

When I first started the tank, I set my lighting schedule/parameters to the BRS video on light settings. However, I never felt confident that I had done it correct, it seemed to just be white with very little blue. So I just went and downloaded some of the preset/signature light settings from Ai to see what it looked like and it was significantly different (basically daylight vs. a deep blue).

I'm at a total loss on how to choose light parameters for my tank. Any tips or tricks? Even better, anyone have a Peninsula 25 with a prime willing to share their lighting parameters?

Depends on preference, some pple like blue over white. White usually puts out more par,I measured my a80 kessil. Also Depends on stock and corals, some sps like a little more white. I prefer the lil more blue look. Also you can dry measure the difference with photone app,I think you can also measure in tank but there's a process that they tell you to get accurate readings.

1 hour ago, islandVib3s said:

Depends on preference, some pple like blue over white. White usually puts out more par,I measured my a80 kessil. Also Depends on stock and corals, some sps like a little more white. I prefer the lil more blue look. Also you can dry measure the difference with photone app,I think you can also measure in tank but there's a process that they tell you to get accurate readings.

Thank you for the app suggestion! Gave it a try and unfortunately it says it's not calibrated for my phone.