3" Yellow Tang (Super Clean) - $300

Micah

This Yellow Tang started life as a Biota fish.  I put it through a full humblefish quarantine/medication/antibiotic process.   This fish has been in my system for over a year and there have been no new additions to the tank in over a year.  Jeff@Cuttlefish and a couple other folks can vouch for me, while also telling you that I'm perhaps too crazy about quarantine.   

300 obo

(Sorry for only a couple pictures.  Out and about normally, but can see a camera coming from across the room)

PXL_20220202_231645074.jpg

PXL_20220202_231647005.jpg

Edited by Micah
Yet another price drop... Sadface.
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Can one be too crazy about quarantine?

Too cautious?

Possible, I guess, but doubtful. Good onya for being stringent about quarantine and biosecurity. :drinking:

Pretty much the smartest ounce of prevention for animal and collection health that I know......

Haha. Thanks.  They are my pets and I treat them as such.  Anything worth doing in this hobby is worth doing right. 

I love this fish.  If I wasn't moving to a new house in a few months (I'm having to combine tanks, both with yellows), I would keep this fish.... Both are amazing in quality, but I've had the other a couple months longer, so this one is getting sold.  Sad stuff.  

• Micah changed the title to 3-4" HumbleFish Quarantined Yellow Tang - $325
2 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

I want more yellow tangs but I probably wouldn’t pass the interview process. Bummer 

I'm not expecting people to have the same quarantine regimen, just that they love their fish the same as their dog and are sad when they die. :) You'd be surprised how many reef hobbyists only care about the money loss. 

If you're interested, let's talk. 

• Micah changed the title to 3-4" HumbleFish Quarantined Yellow Tang
23 hours ago, Micah said:

I'm not expecting people to have the same quarantine regimen, just that they love their fish the same as their dog and are sad when they die. :) You'd be surprised how many reef hobbyists only care about the money loss. 

If you're interested, let's talk. 

As I'm 30 days into my 76 days of fallow (velvet), I'm curious what your QT regime is?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't quarantining long enough (only 2 weeks), and I didn't have any therapeutic copper levels in the QT tank either.  I lost half of my fish, but did manage to save the other half.  Once they're back in the display tank and I start adding fish again, my plan is to increase the QT to 30 days and already have copper levels at least 2.0ppm.  What else would you recommend?  TIA!

58 minutes ago, John Vinson said:

As I'm 30 days into my 76 days of fallow (velvet), I'm curious what your QT regime is?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't quarantining long enough (only 2 weeks), and I didn't have any therapeutic copper levels in the QT tank either.  I lost half of my fish, but did manage to save the other half.  Once they're back in the display tank and I start adding fish again, my plan is to increase the QT to 30 days and already have copper levels at least 2.0ppm.  What else would you recommend?  TIA!

Let's not flood my sale post with quarantine help. :). Feel free to hit me up in PM or in a thread post and I'll gladly chime in.  There are a couple other good resources on this forum as well.  

16 minutes ago, Micah said:

Let's not flood my sale post with quarantine help. :). Feel free to hit me up in PM or in a thread post and I'll gladly chime in.  There are a couple other good resources on this forum as well.  

No worries...I tried a PM though and it said you can't receive messages....

On 2/2/2022 at 3:29 PM, Micah said:

This Yellow Tang started life as a Biota fish.  I put it through a full humblefish quarantine/medication/antibiotic process.   This fish has been in my system for over a year and there have been no new additions to the tank in over a year.  Jeff@Cuttlefish and a couple other folks can vouch for me, while also telling you that I'm perhaps too crazy about quarantine.   

325 firm.  I'll be semi selective with who buys this fish.  PM me if you need any further details. 

(Sorry for only a couple pictures.  Out and about normally, but can see a camera coming from across the room)

PXL_20220202_231645074.jpg

PXL_20220202_231647005.jpg

Wow! Great job on getting that fish to color up. I can't tell any difference from my wild caught fish. It makes me want to try one of the little ones too.

FWIW, I do full Humblefish method for all of my fish except those purchased from the Biota facility in Florida. They have such exacting husbandry and bio-safety practices there that I usually just observe them for a few weeks (coral beauty, forktail blenny, rabbitfish, etc...) and I throw em' in the tank.

• Like 1

• Micah changed the title to 3" Yellow Tang (Super Clean) - $300
  • 3 weeks later...

Michah,

I have a 500 Gallon aquarium and I will take him for $250 if you haven't sold him yet.  I am a great fish owner, I've only lost 1 fish int he past year and I do quaranteen everyone.   I have one yellow tang right now, but I plan on getting a few more.  Eventually I want raise baby yellow tangs.    I'm in Tillamook and can meet at Cuddlefish tomorrow.