Micro reef grow out challenge

Savo

Was looking at these today too, they look pretty cool overall. I think the $200 price tag kind of seems excessive for what it is. 

In the past when nano/pico competitions have happened, it’s usually a provide your own tank under a certain size. A lot of people prefer to do small (cheap) petco tanks or a vase/cool container. Kind of let’s people have more fun with their unique twist on the setup. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

The owner is local and a member of the forum.  I’ve seen these put together, it’s quite tedious work. Consider that it comes with everything put together I don’t think the price range is bad. 

Edited by Trigg
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, sherb said:

Website seems fine to me. Terry has one of these set up on the counter in his shop if you want to see one in action. He’s got it stocked with a few corals and a couple super tiny gobies.

It draws off the screen for me on a couple of the sites tabs/pages.  Probably just a simple CSS margin error.  I was just poking fun. :)

On 2/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, Savo said:

I’m not associated with that company. I saw it on reef builder today and thought it would be fun to do and support someone local.

Totally agree. If you look at the threads there was a pico challenge before. The owner is local and may even do a deal if you get enough members.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Micah said:

It draws off the screen for me on a couple of the sites tabs/pages.  Probably just a simple CSS margin error.  I was just poking fun. :)

it was doing the same for me. I had to turn off PiHole. I assume they are using amazon web hosting as any site hosted there my pihole breaks due to the ad domains.