Sailfin Tang Disease?

rozza

I have had my sailfin for a few months now. No problems from him. He eats good and has plenty of space. But today I noticed near it's mouth that it has a white ring? Not sure what it is and cannot find any information on this. Any help would be appreciated. Just wanna know if I should worry or not. 

IMG_4433.JPG

Hard to tell (I’ve never been good at getting hi res clear pictures of fish…well actually I’m pretty bad with pictures of unmoving rocks as well)

looks like it could be the beginning stages of a bacterial or fungal infection.  Maybe she scraped it on some rock while foraging?    I’d keep an eye on it for a few days, but have some medications ready.  

do you have a QT setup you can put her in?

On 2/3/2022 at 10:58 PM, rozza said:

I kept a good eye on her and it seemed to have gone away already. She's eating great and very active. It's not on her anymore. Weird 

I've seen scrapes that look like that on my Niger trigger in the morning after he pulls himself out of the rockwork he was sleeping in the night before. They are always gone by noon.

• Thanks 1