My new 75 build under construction

islandVib3s

Phew...I think im done with this overhang/float for my new 75ga tank. Im still getting parts together before I get it wet.just wanted to share my scape. Roughly 36-40inches..its going to be a sand tank.im still trying to figure out if I want to plumb it peninsula because my scape. But its roughly 50-75# mixed dry rock,acrylic reinforced and 1 piece. Super hard getting it in the tank. Lol but I love it. Itll be a mixed tank as I'm breaking down a few tanks and consolidating into this build. I need to stop with my small tanks so you may see them posted later.20220103_212309.jpg20220103_212402.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I like the Acrylic base you added.  I assume its for extra "tip over" support.  

The acrylic base under the structure is to just make sure its flat. The base rock is flat but I wanted i bigger spread of all that weight and not to scratch up the tank aswell lol

Edited by islandVib3s

• 2 weeks later...

Stand done for now till I add skins and doors later. Also making a hybrid floating canopy. 4 AI Sols. 2 different controllers. 2 middle high Par,2 outside low Par. 4 36t5s to fill. I know its overkill but why not,its my biggest build and also a transfer upgrade from my 40breeder 20220112_175105.jpg20220112_184709.jpg20210921_142315.jpg

• Like 1

Currently working on the plumbing. Yea I know they say 90° restricts flow, but I think it looks better in some cases and the bean animal "should" be pretty quiet,hopefully. I got my shipment of sand so I might start a small cycle of 2ppm ammonia before I do the tank transfer. 20220114_145335.jpg