Apex issue

The ReefBox

17 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

Hey @SuncrestReef I named an outlet on my eb32 mp40’s and when I turn outlet on my mp 50 comes on but shuts off my ecotech vectra L1 then both controllers flash light violet color.  Thoughts 

@The ReefBox - from your intro, we may have a different setup.   Your post implies an Outlet on/off type control.  Just turning power on/off to them.  All of my MP's are controlled through a WXM module, but plugged straight into the wall.  No EB832 in the loop for me.  (I'm at 8 MP40's + 2 MP60's into a single WXM - that'd be too many EB832 outlets to make sense)

Are you really controlling your MP40's just by turning on/off an EB832 outlet?   And how is the Vectra L1 connected - also just a different EB832 outlet?  Do you have any connections to a WXM?   Or are they all configured via ReefLink.  (or Mobius?)

My experience, even though I've factory reset the MP's and have them under WXM control - they still seem to talk.  at times.  Especially if I have one NOT controlled the same way as the others.  (I had some on reeflink, some on WXM's, some connected to Neither for a while)

What's your situation?

20 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

@The ReefBox - from your intro, we may have a different setup.   Your post implies an Outlet on/off type control.  Just turning power on/off to them.  All of my MP's are controlled through a WXM module, but plugged straight into the wall.  No EB832 in the loop for me.  (I'm at 8 MP40's + 2 MP60's into a single WXM - that'd be too many EB832 outlets to make sense)

Are you really controlling your MP40's just by turning on/off an EB832 outlet?   And how is the Vectra L1 connected - also just a different EB832 outlet?  Do you have any connections to a WXM?   Or are they all configured via ReefLink.  (or Mobius?)

My experience, even though I've factory reset the MP's and have them under WXM control - they still seem to talk.  at times.  Especially if I have one NOT controlled the same way as the others.  (I had some on reeflink, some on WXM's, some connected to Neither for a while)

What's your situation?

I am because one of the rf chips is bad and 2 are not wireless soooooo…….

16 hours ago, The ReefBox said:

I am because one of the rf chips is bad and 2 are not wireless soooooo…….

So this may be a case where the wounded/old MP's are sending weird signals to the Vectra (pure speculation).

A test for you.   Unplug the MP's from the EB832.  Assuming the Vectra is running, does it shut off when you manually plug the MPs into a normal wall outlet?   

I'm assuming your problem statement is, ~Everytime the EB832 turns on your MPs the Vectra shuts off.   Or is this a random, once in a blue moon topic.