Xmas break tank building.... Anyone have a wish list item?

pdxmonkeyboy

So I finally cleaned up my shop and figured it was time to fill it with acrylic shavings.  I am building a tank for a friend, and maybe a tank for myself.  I just got a shipment of fresh welding chemicals so I thought I would see if anyone is looking for a tank.  From simple frag tanks to monster tanks.  Although, I REALLY don't want to work with 1" acrylic again so nothing over 24" high.

I will beat any retail price on an acrylic tank and my prices also include the PROPER acrylic thickness which means no warping or bulging.  My tanks typically deflect LESS than glass.  

Not to get into a glass-vs- acrylic debate but acrylic is superior to glass IMO.  

- 10X stronger than glass

- Your tank is chemically welded together, not held together with silicone that degrades over time 30 year old acrylic tank? not a problem.

- Clearer than glass

- LIGHTER than glass by a long shot. 

- Scratches can be REMOVED.. yes, even with water in the aquarium.  Try fixing scratched glass.  

- if you think acrylic degrades with UV then you need to google a little, cast acrylic is NOT affected by UV. 

- Cleaning acrylic is much easier these days with the advent of polypropylene scrubbers (magic eraser) and expanded plastic mesh scrubbies. 

Anywho.. If you are serious about a new tank then drop me a line. 

Cheers and happy holidays.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

So I finally cleaned up my shop and figured it was time to fill it with acrylic shavings.  I am building a tank for a friend, and maybe a tank for myself.  I just got a shipment of fresh welding chemicals so I thought I would see if anyone is looking for a tank.  From simple frag tanks to monster tanks.  Although, I REALLY don't want to work with 1" acrylic again so nothing over 24" high.

I will beat any retail price on an acrylic tank and my prices also include the PROPER acrylic thickness which means no warping or bulging.  My tanks typically deflect LESS than glass.  

Not to get into a glass-vs- acrylic debate but acrylic is superior to glass IMO.  

- 10X stronger than glass

- Your tank is chemically welded together, not held together with silicone that degrades over time 30 year old acrylic tank? not a problem.

- Clearer than glass

- LIGHTER than glass by a long shot. 

- Scratches can be REMOVED.. yes, even with water in the aquarium.  Try fixing scratched glass.  

- if you think acrylic degrades with UV then you need to google a little, cast acrylic is NOT affected by UV. 

- Cleaning acrylic is much easier these days with the advent of polypropylene scrubbers (magic eraser) and expanded plastic mesh scrubbies. 

Anywho.. If you are serious about a new tank then drop me a line. 

Cheers and happy holidays.

Pm sent

• 4 weeks later...