Has anyone used the disposable helio t5s?

islandVib3s

I'm currently in the process of making my own hybrid fixture and was wonder about the experience with helios t5 lights,I've read some of all of them with effort you can replace the bulbs or just replace the whole fixture for $25+- a fixture.  Im mainly planning on using them as fillers lights along with 2 AI sols w/4 t5s,2 on ea side. Just wondering. TiaScreenshot_20211211-220741_eBay.jpg

Well I guess I'll just find out lol. Well I figured worse case I could use them for parts and change out the replaceable parts later. But I got the frame work done,just waiting on the 4 lights to mount up and possibly paint it aswell. Main lights are AI sols super blues.but my idea is to have the t5s angled to cover the shaded areas.all aluminum bars from HD.20211212_223701.jpg20211212_223713.jpg

• Like 1

Woah, I haven't seen one of those controllers for like 10 years!  

FYI the Helios are fine, but you'll only get a fraction of the output compared to a proper reflector.  Its probably about 25% of the output of an ATI fixture given 3/4 of the output is scattered not directed.

Full disclosure, I am affiliated with ATI.  I have been selling T5s to reefers since 2005.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WAVES said:

Woah, I haven't seen one of those controllers for like 10 years!  

FYI the Helios are fine, but you'll only get a fraction of the output compared to a proper reflector.  Its probably about 25% of the output of an ATI fixture given 3/4 of the output is scattered not directed.

Full disclosure, I am affiliated with ATI.  I have been selling T5s to reefers since 2005.

Lol yea old trusty AI SOL superblues lol.i got them in a garage sale and got 4 and 1 controller, was able to get another controller off reef2reef also. They're awesome and with my budget.  I also love ATI but thats out of my budget and I'm just looking to add them as filler lights anyway,maybe down the road ill upgrade to a ati retrofit kit or sunblasters with ATI bulbs.