Hanna marine Master

Redseareefer

7 hours ago, Redseareefer said:

Got this in the mail today any one had the chance to use one yet it's nice to have it all together and it comes in this  little briefcase can store multiple tanks on it  20211125_010443.thumb.jpg.49ae5873f69bc6a1d053da37d63a6f43.jpg

I have been considering getting one but wanted to see how well it works for people. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

My understanding is this kit tests multiple parameters.   Does it test them one at a time, or can you run two tests in parallel?

I've gotten into a routine measuring Nitrate and Phosphate, and it involves both tests running at the same time.

• Hanna HI782 Nitrate high range - requires 7 minute wait for test results
  • Hanna HI736 Phosphorus low range - requires 3 minute wait for test results

Setup is the same for both kits.   Fill vial with water, pour chemical into vial, shake vial for 2minutes.  Then put in Colorimeter, wait for its timer to count down.

So my system is, get everything prepped at once.   Fill vials, cut open chemical packets.   Pour into nitrate vial, shake 2 mins, start colorimeter.   7 min Nitrate timer starts.  Then pour chem into phos vial, shake 2 mins, start colorimeter.  3 min Phos timer starts.  ...  And there's usually 4 mins left on the Nitrate timer.   

So I get both readings out, within a minute of each other.     Clean up, put away.  

• Like 3

I will be running  thru all the test there is 8 in this device available I'm thinking the process will be the same as single hand held hanna devices as for running multiple test that it can't do as far as I can tell it does have 6 tanks you can store information for I'm still going thru the  Is tutorial it actually takes you thru the steps has a nice led screen 

Over all it was a must buy for me saltwater. Com has them for 385 I had a coupon got it for 285 and they ship it relatively fast 

4 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

My understanding is this kit tests multiple parameters.   Does it test them one at a time, or can you run two tests in parallel?

I've gotten into a routine measuring Nitrate and Phosphate, and it involves both tests running at the same time.

• Hanna HI782 Nitrate high range - requires 7 minute wait for test results
  • Hanna HI736 Phosphorus low range - requires 3 minute wait for test results

Setup is the same for both kits.   Fill vial with water, pour chemical into vial, shake vial for 2minutes.  Then put in Colorimeter, wait for its timer to count down.

So my system is, get everything prepped at once.   Fill vials, cut open chemical packets.   Pour into nitrate vial, shake 2 mins, start colorimeter.   7 min Nitrate timer starts.  Then pour chem into phos vial, shake 2 mins, start colorimeter.  3 min Phos timer starts.  ...  And there's usually 4 mins left on the Nitrate timer.   

So I get both readings out, within a minute of each other.     Clean up, put away.  

Each test is individually done. It’s the same as a regular Hanna. Just a neat case to keep them organized. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

It can store readings?!  and of keep multiple tanks separate!   Okay, I'm liking this setup.   

My storage system is a small flip pad of paper, and a couple of times I've gotten distracted and missed the reading coming off the tester.    Had to repeat the same test.

Sounds like a good kit.

It is nice to have the option to store multiple reading and up to 6 tanks even if the battery dies it still will keep the reading and date and can name your tanks stored