Incoming water quality variations

obrien.david.j

I'm surprised (but shouldn't be).   

The incoming water quality to our house has always felt good.  I complain in the late summer time if TDS creeps up to 60-70 range.  Peak winter time, I'm usually 10-20 range.  And in between usually 20-30 range.   It was ~25 about 1-2 weeks ago when I made last batch of new RO water.

Today... 55.  I know, not a huge number, but the change in two weeks surprised me.

Don't worry, TDS out of the RO is always 0.   But my Silica has always run high.  So this year for Xmas (black friday sales) I bought a new spectrapure beast, with supposedly good finishing cartridges - capable of catching more silica.  Likely to install it over the T-Giving holiday weekend.

What's the incoming TDS feeding your RO systems today?

IMG_3041.jpg

22 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I'm surprised (but shouldn't be).   

The incoming water quality to our house has always felt good.  I complain in the late summer time if TDS creeps up to 60-70 range.  Peak winter time, I'm usually 10-20 range.  And in between usually 20-30 range.   It was ~25 about 1-2 weeks ago when I made last batch of new RO water.

Today... 55.  I know, not a huge number, but the change in two weeks surprised me.

Don't worry, TDS out of the RO is always 0.   But my Silica has always run high.  So this year for Xmas (black friday sales) I bought a new spectrapure beast, with supposedly good finishing cartridges - capable of catching more silica.  Likely to install it over the T-Giving holiday weekend.

What's the incoming TDS feeding your RO systems today?

IMG_3041.jpg

By the way...you should peel off the protective plastic film to get rid of the unsightly bubbles on the blue faceplate.  It's only there for scratch protection during shipping.  🤣

22 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Which water district are you in?  I’m in the Tualatin Valley Water District, and I’m seeing 18 TDS.

20 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

By the way...you should peel off the protective plastic film to get rid of the unsightly bubbles on the blue faceplate.  It's only there for scratch protection during shipping.  🤣

We're in Tualatin Valley WD as well.   That's why I'm surprised.   Must be something local on my end of the line.

No need to peel off the film, I'll be "sharing the unit" with someone else soon.   But I will start the life of the new RO unit with Peeled TDS meters.   Thx for the Pro-Tip.

• Like 1