Fish traps

reefrun

12 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Bottle trap.  Cut top off plastic bottle. Place food and a rock in the bottle. Flip top upside down and slide into the bottle.  Put in tank. 

Drink a beer and wait. 

That would have to be a big bottle! I’m trying to catch a 4-5” tang.. though I will definitely drink the beer while hunting 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, reefrun said:

I have the dreaded situation where a fish developed a taste for zoas. He's too smart for me to catch with a net... what fish traps have people tried with success? Anyone try the tankmatez traps?

I have a small tankmatez trap and got it for damsels and have only caught my clowns with it,I think its absolutely trash but thats my honest opinion. I just ended up using eggcrates the size of the tank and kept sectioning the space smaller and smaller till I could net it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

I have a small tankmatez trap and got it for damsels and have only caught my clowns with it,I think its absolutely trash but thats my honest opinion. I just ended up using eggcrates the size of the tank and kept sectioning the space smaller and smaller till I could net it.

Good input.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Good input.  Thanks.

Yea the one I got was the cheaper one $25 or so but it has the food injection,and pump trigger.needs to be in little to no flow as they say in directions. What really made it trash for me was that it just loses suction all the time.so you could be getting close to catching something and it loses suction before anything finds it ok to enter.