Anybody interested in a reefcleaners group buy?

LadAShark

Been meaning to replenish my clean up crew for a while, but have been holding off. Now I need a pretty sizable supplement but would like to see if anybody is interested in taking advantage of bulk pricing/splitting shipping (I think they may have something regarding shipping above a certain amount of items ordered too?)

Not sure if general is the best place to post this. Anyway. Just want to gauge interest. 

Edit: started a poll for those who want to take part in a bulk lot that we can split up, while other purchases will be individual, we unfortunately need to have one person buy the bulk lot and split the payment later.

Bulk Lot poll: https://strawpoll.com/wx3sdfpr5

Edited by LadAShark

I'm not sure if you guys are ordering *'d items that require overnight but reefcleaners has free shipping on their tank cleaner packages. I've ordered quite a few over the years I've been reefing and they do fine with the 2-3 day. I just got a 50g order to reup my CUC this week in fact. Came in healthy and happy!

Edited by youcallmenny

1 hour ago, youcallmenny said:

I'm not sure if you guys are ordering *'d items that require overnight but reefcleaners has free shipping on their tank cleaner packages. I've ordered quite a few over the years I've been reefing and they do fine with the 2-3 day. I just got a 50g order to reup my CUC this week in fact. Came in healthy and happy!

I also got my cuc with them this week and they all came in healthy and happy. I did upgrade the shipping to overnight. I think there free shipping would of been sufficient.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, youcallmenny said:

The group buys have free shipping above $200 and have their own select shipping option. I am not sure if * marked species will affect it, but their group buy page does note that they will message the coordinator (which in this case would probably be me) if they do get a shipping charge. 

I've had experience with their * marked species even without overnight shipping, and didn't have a single DoA even with a mid summer delayed delivery. I think it should ultimately be fine.

Personally I prefer to select my cleanup crew myself because I avoid hermits and also have a triggerfish, so their packages do not, unfortunately, work for me.

Side note: if anybody wants to order something from the bulk lots option and save that way, a single person will have to pay for the bulk lot order (otherwise everybody pays for their own lot) and have it divided up later; savings that way are significant, just have to divide the payment for the individual bulk lot later. Personally I'd be interested in bulk lots for trochus snails (starting at 10 at $3.50 each), Florida ceriths (100 $0.45, 250 $0.40), dwarf ceriths (500 $.12, 1000 $0.10), and blue/green ricordeas (10 at $8 each)(only interested in ricordeas if someone wants to divide three or four ways at least). Please let me know if you would like to order one of these categories, and we can work it out at payment.

I'm sure between all of us so far we will readily hit the $200 minimum, but I'd still like to give some time for the weekend for more people to join in before I officially start the group buy.

Edited by LadAShark
  • Like 1

Alright, I will be starting the group buy. What days (Wednesday-Friday) are most suitable for you guys to pick up your livestock (so that I can set the group buy to deliver that date)? I am in Tigard, Bull mountain area, And that's where I'd likely distribute the livestock.
@wegotjs @islandVib3s@Shar_Zard@Parzifal@Leonardomanzano

Edited by LadAShark

4 hours ago, LadAShark said:

Alright, I will be starting the group buy. What days (Wednesday-Friday) are most suitable for you guys to pick up your livestock (so that I can set the group buy to deliver that date)? I am in Tigard, Bull mountain area, And that's where I'd likely distribute the livestock.
@wegotjs @islandVib3s@Shar_Zard@Parzifal@Leonardomanzano

Pm sent