Buying Berghia... Group Buy?

obrien.david.j

I'll admit it... I haven't been able to keep up with my Aptasia problem...  And I now have enough that I need Berghia to get rid of them.

1. I'd love to find them locally, haven't found them.  (contact me if you've got them)
  2. On-Line, they're cheaper if you buy them in bulk.   SaltyUnderground has them for $10/ea or $8.50/ea, when buying in quantities of 25 or 50.  (shipping included)

Anyone want to split an order?   I need no less than ~15.   If no one joins me, I'll likely buy the bulk 25 pack.  I'd rather split the 50 pack with a person or three.  :)
(I'm located in Cedar Mill, Just north of Beaverton - factor travel time into your decision.)

image.png

12 minutes ago, Shar_Zard said:

I'm also in, not sure how many I need for a 75G but its getting bad. I just ordered some aptasia x to fight it back a little bit 

I like Frank's F-Aptasia the best of all the manual chemicals.  Have three bottles of it...  And I just can't keep up.   I find this stuff works for 1-3 aptasia.  And I've let it get way out of hand (again).

Sounds like there's some pent up Berghia Demand out there.  Glad to hear it.

image.png

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/f-aiptasia-pest-anemone-treatment-frank-s-aquarium-products.html

42 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I'm in for 10, but @LadAShark sold me a bunch back in March. Let's see if he still has any.

I have some but unfortunately life's caught up to me since then and there's not enough of them for me to sell. I will be ramping back up production of them for good though as I have just recently had more time and am getting together a better setup for them+ the aiptasia (the latter is really the limiting part). Getting aiptasia to explode when you're continuously chipping away at its population needs a lot bigger and more dedicated of a setup than I initially expected (and if you feed them too much, you get algae that competes with/slows them down).

Long story short, don't have enough now, will have enough probably given a month or two. Sorry about that.

Edited by LadAShark

2 hours ago, Shar_Zard said:

@obrien.david.j I tried F Aptasia, and the aptasia just gave me an FU back 😛 I literally have giant aptasias sitting next to the lumps of Faptasia I used trying to smother them. 

YOU must have Huge Aptasia, if they shoved off piles of Faptasia.   Or, you have my problem - not all of them are on flat/easy to cover surfaces.  In my tank, those have gotten big - and are likely the source of now Mass propogation.

Berghia to the rescue!

We're up to 35 Berghia so far.   At 15 more we're a go for the cheapest "50 berghia" order.  I'm ready to place the order tomorrow, will even increase my personal order to 20 if it helps.    

@obrien.david.j 20 berghia

@Bicyclebill 10 berghia

@ocboat 10 berghia

@Shar_Zard - if you're in for 10, we can run with this.   

We're up to 60 Berghia, I've got an inquiry into Salty Underground for a price for this bulk size.  (website has 50 1/4" berghia for $425 - ala $8.50/ea, shipping included)

1. @obrien.david.j 20 berghia
  2. @Bicyclebill 10 berghia
  3. @Shar_Zard 5 berghia 
  4. @ocboat 10 berghia
  5. @pdxmonkeyboy 10 berghia
  6. @CB92 5 berghia

If anyone needs to back out, no worries.  Shoot me a note.   Otherwise, I'll place the order when I hear from the store and contact each of you when they arrive.  (likely next week)   PNWMAS is a stand up group of people, thanks for doing this!

• Thanks 1

Salty Underground replied, they are still building up their stock and not willing to grow the order size at $8.50/berghia.    To get that price, we would have had to order in increments of 50.   Order Placed for 50 berghia, requested Weds 10/27 delivery date. 

Chronologically Ordered:

1. @obrien.david.j 20 berghia  (lowering to 15 berghia)
  2. @Bicyclebill 10 berghia
  3. @Shar_Zard 5 berghia 
  4. @ocboat 10 berghia
  5. @pdxmonkeyboy 10 berghia
  6. @CB92 5 berghia <-- Sorry, doesn't look like you're in.    If they overship Berghia or something changes, I'll contact you.

Will update next week, likely as PM's.

• Thanks 3

And they've arrived, safe and sound.   One day shipping, included in the order costs.  Arrived before noon.

Unboxed, Acclimated, and counted.  Arrived in two bags, of 25 each.

PM's being sent now.

Acclimation instructions, for anyone interested.

Pictures:

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg