Apex not reconnecting to Wi-Fi

Parzifal

Good evening all,

Had a power outage tonight, just a moments worth but it kicked my apex off the network.   

now I can’t get it to reconnect.  I’ve tried resetting the unit both the 6 second version and the 30 second.   

ive tried logging into apex local but I can’t remember the admin username and password.  

any tricks out there to get it to reconnect?

• Sad 1

Did you try the restart function under "net setup"?  That usually gets me back to connected after a brief power outage.  I should also mention that this works on an Apex Classic, I'm not sure if that's even an option on the newer ones.  Also, the default admin username is "admin" and the default password is 1234 if you haven't changed it.

Edited by ocboat

Dang.  Thanks for the reply’s.  Sadly I’m taking off to Minnesota today and doesn’t look like this will be running while I’m out for a few.  

i suppose I’ll just have to accept being a troglodyte and not use this fancy fancy gizmo.   Hopefully I’ll survive. 

@SuncrestReef

1). Wi-Fi,  while I’d love to have a direct line I didn’t want to run wires through floors and walls across the house. =(.  I should have 

2). It’s orange now,  I can connect on apex.local from my phone but the Neptune app won’t connect.  

3 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Have you tried accessing Fusion from a web browser instead of the app?

https://apexfusion.com

If you pressed the reset button for over 30 seconds, that would have reset the Apex to factory defaults, breaking the link to Fusion.  If that’s the case, you just need to re-link it from the Apex.local dashboard.

Dang.  That’s probably why it hasn’t connected.  I’ll try that when I get back!

thanks,

aaron

3 hours ago, Trailermann said:

With each power outage, I have to reset my Classic via the Display. PITA. Is there a simple UPS that is fast enough to protect the Apex?  Would 600 VA be big enough to keep pump, power heads, skimmer, etc (excluding lights) going for 30 minutes?

You'd typically need a pretty big UPS to keep lights, pumps, skimmer, and/or heaters running for long on battery power.  Instead, it's best to have the Apex turn off any high-powered devices during a power failure to preserve the battery life as long as possible for water movement.  I wrote a whole section on how to do this in my tutorial on Apex Power Monitoring:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-4-power-monitoring.698/
(scroll down about 3/4 to the bottom of this page for the instructions)

On 10/10/2021 at 12:06 PM, Trailermann said:

With each power outage, I have to reset my Classic via the Display. PITA. Is there a simple UPS that is fast enough to protect the Apex?  Would 600 VA be big enough to keep pump, power heads, skimmer, etc (excluding lights) going for 30 minutes?

My classic was doing that too. I have now set a static IP for the Apex in the controller and on my router. This resolved the issue for me. What I found is that the Apex boots faster than my Edgerouter and would ask for an IP but not get a reply so it would auto assign 169.0.0.1 which is outside of my ranges so it got blocked. Now that it has a static IP in my subnet, it cant default to one that does not work. Once the router and switches are live and ready the Apex is already set up and no issues.

Well. I got frustrated and just deleted the old aquarium and set up a new one on fusion. That seems to have worked.   Spent a bit of time today relabeling and organizing it and am back up and running.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions!   

9 minutes ago, Parzifal said:

Well. I got frustrated and just deleted the old aquarium and set up a new one on fusion. That seems to have worked.   Spent a bit of time today relabeling and organizing it and am back up and running.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions!   

I'm glad to hear you got it working, but what you described doesn't make sense.  Was it ever accessible from the Fusion connection or the Apex.Local connection before you started over?

It was accessible from fusion on a computer and browser on my phone, but the app wouldn’t connect.  The outlets and switches weren’t labeled the same as they had been on the App.  

i figured I’d ask at the meeting on Saturday.