Fixed: Trident "Test A Fail"

obrien.david.j

Got "Test A Fail" this weekend on my Trident.   I was kind of low (but not out) of reagent A, replaced it.   No Luck.  

Opened Trident and ...  Looks like top hose came off the center hub.    Took trident apart, broke rubber foot off housing screw, but got cover off and everything fixed.

I haven't touched my trident in a month, so strange the hose came off.  But so-be-it.   Fixed.   First problem I've had in ~2years.  (I still love getting daily test results from my trident!)

The Dreaded Something Failed indicator:

• IMG_2352.jpg

Top hose is off!

• IMG_2353.jpg

Fixing required taking the cover off.  

• IMG_2356.jpg

The slight fluid leak caused one rubber foot/screw to seize up.   Had to rip the rubber off the screw to enable getting a screw driver on it.

• IMG_2357.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

Keep in mind there are vibrations as the pump runs, as the manifold clicks into different positions, and as it stirs the reaction chamber.  All those vibrations can cause small movements over time until a tube pops off.

Great feedback.  Hadn't thought of it this way.

Fix was easy.  Take off cover, put hose back on, put cover back on.    No blood, no foul.  :)

Mine started to slip off the upper right solenoid connection after about a year and a half. We caught it after chasing down a low Alk reading. Funny thing through all of it, the trident was right and my 2 part was messed up (bad batch). Was a good time to clean the vile out good. Hasn’t skipped a beat since.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

Mine started to slip off the upper right solenoid connection after about a year and a half. We caught it after chasing down a low Alk reading. Funny thing through all of it, the trident was right and my 2 part was messed up (bad batch). Was a good time to clean the vile out good. Hasn’t skipped a beat since.

Nice!

On 9/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, SuncrestReef said:

Keep in mind there are vibrations as the pump runs, as the manifold clicks into different positions, and as it stirs the reaction chamber.  All those vibrations can cause small movements over time until a tube pops off.

Zip ties?

Not gonna mess with mine, but makes you go hmmmm.....